any more thoughts on a spring event?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
we had daily posts on this idea for awhile. Now that we are closer to spring, I would think folks would be itchin' to start planning something. I know in a couple of months, i'll be more than ready to ride my freshly EG modified bikes somewhere other than the usually "home track/park", not to mention that it's always great to get together with my DRN friends.

This doesn't have to be a "Dirtweek" per se, it could be a three or four day weekend thing, whatever.

Previously some Missourri and Michigan options were mentioned. Lets get some discussion going again! :) :ride: :blah:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
motometal said:
Lets get some discussion going again! :) :ride: :blah:

Snow melting? :) It is cold here ...

April and May are toast for me at this point.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Come on out and play! Check the Paragon thread, in the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders Forum, it's a bit of a drive, but you would love it, lots of technical stuff like Fort Dodge, with lots of rocks added in!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
If anyone wants to do it on the East Coast Aonia Pass is a great place.

Plenty of trails (they have a GNCC there every year and still have plenty of additional trails)
MX Track - one of the best I've ever ridden
SX Track
1/4 Flat Track
Plenty of parking - they have no problem with the Semi's and RV's during the GNCC.
It's near Gomer :)

Ivan

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
There was a thread awhile back started by Zoomer about riding the last week of March at Cooperland. Sounded like a few folks were coming down. At the moment we are planning to be there, just working out the logisitics.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I was hoping we could get something going further North, to include some folks that can't/won't make it down to Cooperland, plus of course "the regulars" from the region. Any volunteers to help organize it? Maybe i'll see what I can come up with, starting with the location ideas from the other thread...

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
What time of the year you are looking at? Further North would be great for me but Spring break is the last week of March and I figured we'd likely still have to be OK or close to hope for decent weather?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Rooster is right. The DYDR's always have a great ride at Paragon. We have spring rides all through the summer.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
CaptainObvious said:
We have spring rides all through the summer.

:laugh:

Yeah, right now it looks like we're planning a group ride in early-mid June! You guys should do that, it ROCKS!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
ok, maybe I should have titled this "midwest gathering". I was thinking april-ish, at one point we had quite a bit of interest with a lot of options thrown out...Missouri (does that end in "eee" or "uh"?), Illinois, Michigan etc.

Just speaking for myself, i'm hoping to make it to regular DW in the fall for the usual week, so I was thinking more along the lines of "a short week" and not prohibitively far away. I'd love to come out east, but with all the trips and activities planned this year it just aint gonna happen.

I always have fun at Wardy's when I go, but trying out a new park would be cool as well.

B

biglou

How about another Jamir Bday Bash in May? April is the Dallas SX/Ride for me. Then maybe a Wardy's fest in June/July?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
sounds like fun, and chances are you will see me at one or both. I was just getting fired up on the idea of a spring/early summer gathering, and getting to ride a new park in a new area. Maybe it was just the post DW "glow" and now that glow has faded for most folks...

Top Bottom