Any new off-road Kawi's in the works?

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
Does anyone know if Kawasaki is working on something new? The KDX and KLX haven't been changed in quite a while. Usually when that happens a completely new model is in the wings.

------------------
You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?
'00 KDX 200

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
There are some rumors about a 400-ish 4 banger, but how reliable, I don't know. Also, am not sure if it's going to compete w/the 426 or if it's going to be a bark buster. My money's on the former. And so might my real money when it comes out. Go Green!

------------------
OOOPS.....THERE'S ONE MORE BROKEN...

bobby

Oct 24, 1999
Instead of an improved suspension and more power, what we really need is "Bold new Grapics" :-)

------------------
Being Slow keeps falling from hurting as much

joe woj

Oct 29, 1999
i wish kaw would sell a KDX 300, id be the first in line to plunk down my money!!!, as im sure that alot of you would also, i can just imagine it 300cc of 2 stroke power, plenty of stump pulling power, plenty of power to spare on those gnarly hillclimbs, with only a bit more weight than our 200's and just change to a inverted fork already!, if kaw made this bike it would be one of the best sellers ever!!!, all these bike companies keep pushing 4 strokes at us, but what we really want is 2 stroke zip and power! the way i figure it the only thing that could make my KDX better is to add 100cc's, and if the engineers at kaw could figure that out they would really have something, until then the KTM exc 300 is the only game in town, and im not a big fan of orange!

------------------

WR 250

Mar 17, 2000
I don't really have a dream bike in mind but a new model 200 would be really cool. I'm not sold on the four stroke movement although I imagine that I won't have a choice in the next couple of years. My brothers KLX 300 is nice but trying to start it is more trouble than it is worth sometimes. I just hope the future doesn't hold a bunch of heavy, electric start 4 strokes as the trail bike offerings.

KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
I've never bought a new bike, but if Kawa did come out with a 300 cc, I'd be right in line behind ya. My riding buddy just sold his KDX 200 for a KTM 300 exc. The power is unbelievable. I've been wishing they would come out with a kdx 300 for years. The down side of the ktm is the $$$$. Since he's had his bike for about 6 months, he's lost two kick stands at $110 each, severed a front brake line at around $80 I believe, had to completely replace the rear bearings and spacers other inside hud parts costing him $260. Can you say ouch. His kdx when he had it never broke down and I do mean NEVER. Plus the kdx parts are alot cheaper. I thought about going orange for awhile, but when I saw his repair bill start stacking up I thought forget it. I'm staying green. JUST GIVE ME MY KDX 300 AND I'LL BE IN THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN. :)

Just my $.02

Top Bottom