22. Sigety
23. Aiello

*M. Lafferty may have injured himself and DNF'd

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Dave on a KTM?!? I though he had Yamaha factory support?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
If Lafferty is injured, I would guess that Lykke's bike will not be stock in California.
BTW when David is not traveling to the races, he lives in the Lansing area.
I talked to Leroy recently. We are planning a trip to South Carolina for the Sandlapper (2/29).
What did you do to him JC?

superfly

Dec 2, 2001
Hatch lost his rear brakes as he was checking into the A-loop and proceeded to break his foot as he slammed into a rock. So he dropped 20 total for the day and netted 3rd with no rear brakes and a broken foot. Lykke had a great ride on a stock KTM and dropped 17 for the win. Lafferty will be out appx 4 months with a torn ACL & MCL. Hatch is ordering a bigger boot so he can ride with his foot wrapped next weekend in California.

Berkyboy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 22, 2002
I'm sure Lykke will be the "Man" for KTM until Mike returns. It sounded like he just had picked up his bike earleir last week.

Coalinga will be a good testing ground for Lykke, the local west coast guys usually "know" all the right lines.

Lykke definately has what it takes to win a National Enduro Championship.

If he can have a top three finish, within the regular national Enduro Series guys, I'm sure he'll be hard to stop.

btw I heard Fred Hoess rode a 250 2-stroke.

Steve Berkner

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
I had heard that Leroy broke his collarbone -- I guess I thought he'd be healed up by now (actually, it slipped my mind! :think: )
Bummer about Jr. Hope its not as bad as is being reported here.
Lykke on a KTM?? When did THAT happen? Anyone got the scoop? I know he's from Lansing, and has had some Enduro Engineering ties... full blown KTM support (ie Alan and Melissa Randt) now?!

oilfieldtrash

Nov 29, 2000
F&S, Leroy was 6th gear pinned on a tight trail and did a huge flip off the side of a hill falling a 100' of more... just kidding, he was going 3 MPH and his front wheel got taken out by a cross log in the weeds, on the first day of our ride, so we made fun of him for the rest of the trip, JC

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
The latest from Cyclenews:

ENDURO - Lykke Wins Enduro Opener
By Kit Palmer
Photo By Kit Palmer (Photo © Cycle News, Inc. 2004)
Michigan Man Reigns in Arizona 2/9/2004

New KTM recruit David Lykke (pictured) was the overall winner at the opening round of the AMA National Enduro Series in Wickenburg, Arizona, yesterday. Lykke, who just picked up his new ride a few days ago, beat a talent-laden field that included such riders as former champs Randy Hawkins, Steve Hatch and Mike Lafferty, who DNF'ed the enduro with a knee injury.

Aboard a KTM 250 EXC, Lykke dropped 17 points on the day, edging out National Hare & Hound Champion Russ Pearson, Yamaha YZ250, by one point. Third place went to Throttlehead.com/Kawasaki Team Green's Steve Hatch who, along with seventh-place finisher Destry Abbott, lives just a few miles from the race site. Hawkins ended up fourth, while Nick Pearson, following a long injury-related lay-off, came back to finish fifth. Nick Pearson, Russell's brother, rode a Kawasaki KX250.

One of the other big news of the day concerned the injury to Lafferty, the defending champ. In the first loop, Lafferty re-injured his knee that he had originally tweaked on New Year's Day while practicing. Lafferty, who was going to stay out west to prepare for this week's enduro in Coalinga, California, instead flew home to New Jersey to get the knee re-evaluated. There is fear that Lafferty tore the ACL in his knee and might be facing major knee reconstruction. But Lafferty won't know for sure until he visits his personal physician this week.

Speaking of injuries, Hatch broke his foot in the final loop but says he'll ride Coalinga: "Oh yeah, I'll be there," he said. "Even if I have to wear a larger boot."

Results:

O/A: 1. David Lykke (KTM); 2. Russell Pearson (Yam); 3. Steve Hatch (Kaw); 4. Randy Hawkins (Yam); 5. Nick Pearson (Kaw); 6. Ty Davis (Yam); 7. Destry Abbott (Kaw); 8. Jeff Dalton; 9. Bret Ward; 10. Kody Stephan; 11. John Goss; 12. Kyle Krause; 13. Michael Jankowski; 14. Brent Morin; 15. Fred Hoess (Hus); 16. Brett McMillen; 17. David Lennon; 18. Lou Mazza; 19. Tyler Smith; 20. Bill Russell.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
OK....Yes, David Lykke lives in Michigan these days, but he spent his first 28 or so years in Bellingham, Washington, so we still get to claim him! The word in town here is that Yamaha is pulling support from several of their satellite teams to throw more money into super-motard. When that happened David moved to KTM.

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Super-Motard is taking money away from Enduros. What is our sport coming to? I have watched some SuperRetard on TV and it doesn't get my juices flowing like watching an Enduro/GNCC/Desert race.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Zero it, we were not making any claim to David. We know his heart is still in the Northwest. It has been nice to have him join us on some trail rides in MI.

Top Bottom