any news on the TM250F and 400F?

Mark C.

Posts Too Much
Nov 1, 2000
I thought the italian TMFs ( YZF BEATERS! ) were goNna be imported to USA? I haven't read or heard anything about them in the U.S. nor does anyone race one ( l beleive? ). Only Ron Lawson raced a TM250F at the spanish ISDE last fall. Anyone that can shed some light on the subject???:cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
ah, the infamous, imaginary, one-off, can't get one "YZF Beater" ... lol.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
What I heard from a dealer is that there are some in the states now for working out final suspension settings. Also, they are kick only.

morlock

Mar 28, 2001
TM has put a lot of work on its new line,as for any new model, 250/400 are not jet tuned up to be the best 4 stroke around.We should see this bikes pretty soon,however quality as always is top.

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Last I heard from the importer was that the jetting had been dialed (jetting for US gas at 92 octane vs. euro 95 octane) in for the US market. The bikes have been in use in Europe for most of the spring already. I imagine it is just a matter of filling orders, I would assume that most of the 2001's were presold or were gobbled up as people saw how well they worked. The importer told me quite frankly that the 400e was the fastest 400 enduro bike he had ridden (he's been up front with me for the 7 years I've known him).

Mark C.

Posts Too Much
Nov 1, 2000
Originally posted by FlyingFinn

Ron Lawson raced TM 125 2 stroke in last years isde..

From what I read he was setup to race a 250F or maybe he changed it and went for the 125 2-stroke instead.:think

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
The production model wasn't available yet, so Ron had to ride a 2-stroke. I don't know that I would call the TMF as "YZ-beater", rather call it an option that is unique (not to mention stunning to look at) and based on my TM experience - durable. I think alot of people are aware that light weight, powerful 4-strokes tend to break when pushed hard. I would be very surprised if the TM breaks.

Top Bottom