tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
I do have a mtb but I have had some nasty crashes on the things off road. I dont like crashing while leading with my head and shoulders. Last crash left me with a pinched nerve in my neck. Im much safer on a dirtbike. I ride my MTB around the hood for cardio as I cant run anymore. We have some great trails around here but Ok and Ar have way more. I have a K2 Zed 4.0. A friend of mine has picked up MTB a couple of months ago and talked me into signing up for the World famous Hotter Than Hell endurance ride in Wichita Falls on Aug. 27 th. We are doing the 50 miler.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Wow, the HTH! Don't know if that's the best way to enter the MTB competition arena, Gene! ;)
Hope to do some biking after retirement, (14 months- but who's counting), can't justify the added activity when I don't get to do the stuff I try to do, now!
FWIW, there are some good biking trails at Lake McMurtry, 3 different trails (of which we've biked on 1).
Last time Mary and I took the Magna out there, they were holdinig a running competition there on the bike trails. That looked to be more fun than the typical 5k on the street. Another one of those things to do after retirement.... in 13 months, 29 days and 23:58:47, but who's counting...

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Sorry to hear that Gene. So far I have been relatively fortunate (knock on wood) as to bad crashes. I picked up a Diamondback mission (full suspension) and really enjoy it so far. We need to get another group ride together on the dirt bikes, hopefully before Craig retires.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I ride a fair amount, but stick to dirtbikes and roadbiking during the summer months. We have a surprising selection of trails within a 30 mile radius from Norman, Oklahoma, so there is plenty of opportunity to get out on the mountain bikes and the selection of different styles of riding and terrain keeps it new. During the summer, though, I keep away from all the silk worms, spider webs, poison ivy, sand, and lack of breeze combined with sweltering heat and humidity.... No thanks, I'll stick to something that with throttle control I can change the speed of the wind tunnel I'm in :ride: :cool:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I am always game for riding dirt bikes, although you wont often find me on an mx track. If you are interested in riding with, pm or email me. Lorin.

Top Bottom