any problems with Husky CR 125's or SX 125's

Feb 25, 2001
Im trying to see the pro's and cons of these two models. I will be buying one of these for 2002. Im really really leaning towards the CR 125 because of there great Contingency plan. Im racing the 125-C class and im getting better and better and hopfully will be in the top 5 within 6 months. So that contingency might help out paying for some parts. But I have heard that the KTM has more power than most 125's just feels and rides different than any other bike and I heard that the 2001 Husky cr 125 is just not as fast as other 125's but has quality parts on it.

Feb 25, 2001
Yeah I though about that but KTM dosent have a contingency plan ? one thing is I have E-mailed Husqvarna and they still havent e-mailed me back as to how much $$$ they give out for top 5-10 finishes in my series and class they said that my class qualifies as a money class but never specified as to how much $

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I wouldnt buy a bike just because of cash bonus.You may spends hundreds if not thousands getting the Husky to run as good as the KTM.The Honda CR engine requires powervalve mods/porting/big carb/v force/full pipe and im still not sure its as fast.

Racerboy1a

Oct 29, 2000
I've been racing an '01 Husky cr 125 in the desert here in Utah. 3 races = 3 class wins in the 125 Expert class. The bike is faast. Maybe not as fast as a yz or a ktm, but it runs really strong! In one race I passed the 250 class champion on a straight, sandy road. I LOVE it!
Jason

L8starter

Mar 28, 2001
It all comes down to the rider.Anyone can be fast on any bike.In my 30+ beginner class,I race my '99 Husky 125 against mostly big 4-strokes (400,426,520,503).The rest are usually on 250's.I lose ground in corners because I'm too new to dirt biking.I still make podium a lot and have won a few times.Most of the time,my Husky beats the 250's down the straights.Ktm is supposed to be fastest,but don't tell me Husky's are heavy and slow.

------------------
Never too old to race

L8starter

Mar 28, 2001
It all comes down to the rider.Anyone can be fast on any bike.In my 30+ beginner class,I race my '99 Husky 125 against mostly big 4-strokes (400,426,520,503).The rest are usually on 250's.I lose ground in corners because I'm too new to dirt biking.I still make podium a lot and have won a few times.Most of the time,my Husky beats the 250's down the straights.Ktm is supposed to be fastest,but don't tell me Husky's are heavy and slow.

------------------
Never too old to race

Top Bottom