Any Riding in Michigan's U.P. near Iron Mt?

Mr. Mark

Jan 6, 2000
I'm going up to the U.P. of Michigan in July to visit family and will be staying in Channing which is near Iron Mountain. Are there any trail systems up there?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mr. Mark, there should additional information available in this forum. I know a couple of the regulars live in the U.P. or used to live in the U.P.

Magoo and bwalker....where are you guys?

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I have not idden in that area but I am sure there are tons of trails. There is also a track in Republic and Crystal falls. I think there is some single track trails of of 95 but I am not sure. You could also drive to the Gwinn area and try the bass lake system or the Sandstormers enduro course in sands. It is probaly about 30-45 minute drive. Remember in the UP you can ride on any trails as long as they are not posted closed.

Last edited:

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
I don't know much about that area either....Most of my riding is in the Marquette area or the Bass Lake Trail in Gwinn. The Porterfield Lake Trail is pretty close to Iron Mountain (right on the Marquette and Dickinson county line off of m-95 near Witch Lake). I've never ridden there, and I can't say that I've ever heard anyone mention what its like. I'll ask around....
As bwalker mentioned, all trails (forest roads and two tracks) are open unless posted closed. Make sure you purchase a Michigan ORV sticker for your bike!! Sixteen bucks will save you a sixty dollar ticket!:cool:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Magoo, I am headed your direction in July. I told Ken C. I would help where I could for the enduro in Marquette. I hope to see you there.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
fatherand son, I'll definatly be at the enduro in Marquette! It's great you're coming up and are willing to help -- we can always use another body, and appreciate your help!
I sent some flyers for the race to the boys at Lansing Cycle. I'm sure they'll help get the word out so we have a good turnout.
We're going to have a kids enduro (fun ride) on Saturday before the enduro, FYI. It's a lot of fun, my wife rode it last year, as did Ken's kids.
I look forward to meeting you in July!:)

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Call Zambon's north country sales in Marquette. I am not sure of the number, but information(906-555-1212) will have it. Ask for Nick or Nathan

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Marquette Enduro Info

Mark (and anyone else interested), feel free to email me or message me thru DRN for info about the Marquette Enduro. It's scheduled for July15; I'll post more info on the Enduro/Hare Scrambles Forum in about two weeks, if you can wait that long.

Top Bottom