Any simple mods that a bored kid could do?

DirTasteGood

May 18, 2009
Hello. I am 14 years old and have a general education about bikes. This summer will be very boring. I want to find out some safe mods i can do to my bike without endangering it. Does anyone know any that i can do by myself without spending too much money?

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
Proper suspension setup. Definetly free and may take some time. I still tweak with mine all the time. Setting race sag and finding the proper rebound/compression settings for your weight/comfort.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
buy a bunch of jets and jet the bike (s)...
another safe mod is cleaning and grease all the bearings and the bike, a service manual will help very much...

just setting the suspension, jet the bike and doing the worst parts of maintenance will keep you occupied all summer... and more if you want... :cool:

but, it could be boring... :nod:

mdavidso

Apr 28, 2009
I myself being a bored kid too, I just tuned my suspension and jetted my bike a little lean for slow trail riding(two-stroke), also if its a four stroker and you live on private property in the middle of no-where(like myself) you could take out the baffling in the muffler, I did on mine and I just love the way it sounds and makes me sound like Im on a much bigger bike.

Top Bottom