250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
lol,I live in Enderby.I mostly ride at home,I can get to the powerlines in about 6 minutes from my front door.There are a ton of trails really close to home for me,but I have ridden up Bastion mountain,above Shushwap lake,and will probably go up hunters range this summer.

D_Moen

May 7, 2007
Hi from Salmon Arm! What a great area to ride in! There are TONS of great trails for all skill levels on Mt. Ida. Most people ride out from the old gravel pit on Salmon River Road, but you may be able to ride over the top on the power line and meet up with folks. One of the girls at Alpine Motorsports and a friend of hers ride very regularly up there, good riders and nice girls. See you on the trails!

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
D_moen;
Yes,I have actually ridden my horse up Mt.Ida on several occasions,but have never been up there on the bike.I access the Mt.Ida trails from Silver Creek,in behind the firehall.I think a few of the bikers over here ride over to Mt.Ida,but I still haven't figured out how,or how much road riding it involves(I have been caught by the cops once allready).But I really would like to figure out how to get over to Mt.Ida .I ride over to Gardom lake all the time,it only takes me about 20 minutes,but beyond that I have no clue where to go.

I also know someone that works at Alpine Motorsports,do you work there?

D_Moen

May 7, 2007
The company I own does thier computer network stuff so I get to spend a bit of time there! I know there are trails up the mountain from Deep Creek, so if you've gotten to Gardom Lake you don't have much farther to go! Better yet hook up with someone that has a truck or trailer and save the wear and tear on your bike for the mountain! We were cutting alot of trail before the snow flew, there's some pretty cool riding! Who do you know at Alpine? How old are you? I have a daughter who is 16 who I hope to get riding next season.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Just googling the places you all mentioned. :)
You guys look like you live in an awesome area to play. WOW!! :cool:

D_Moen

May 7, 2007
Yeah, I think we're pretty lucky. We have great terrain for dirt-biking of all kinds, and fabulous roads and scenery for street bikes! You just need to have something to keep yourself occupied with in the winter!

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I am 17.If your daughter wants to check out some of the trails over here,I would love to show her around.I buy all of my bike stuff at Alpine,and my friend Karl works there,I ride with him in the summer.

Top Bottom