dperyman

Nov 25, 2000
Taking my family to Millville next weekend and our first National event. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to get the most out of the experience such as where is the best spectator spot-rider meetings to observe-best time to catch the pro's so my kids can meet them-things to bring like folding chairs any info would be appreciated. Thanks

yzracer49

Mar 19, 2000
First off, plan to get there early. Thisspring the road to the track is under construction. The detour is onl dirt roads. Other years the wait to get in was at least a mile back-up. With the detour it could be worse. I would chek out thier web site &/or call.

As far as spectating, bring lots of sun screen and water. The track is in a canyon/valley, with hills on 3 sides. It may be MN, but it gets real hot and humid. You have to watch at the sand woops for at least on race. The Sand Monster is almost as fun as the racing. Last year we sat on the side of one of the first down hills. If it was horizontial, it would have been tough, with all the woops and ruts, but this was at least 25-30 degree drop with a U-turn at the bottom.

Hope the waethers good. Maybye I'll see you there.

dperyman

Nov 25, 2000
YZRacer49 what time would you recommend being at the track on Sunday. On Saturday we wont be able to be there any earlier than 2pm will that be a major hassle. We are staying at the Marriott in Rochester so looks like highway 60 to route 11 to the track. Good info on the spectator spots. thanks for the info cant wait to see the pro's.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
we are also going and it is our favorite track. We like to set up our base on the hillside across the track from the parts unlimited hospitality area. From here you can watch the big uphill and downhill jumps as well as a triple, large double and the finish area. We are planning on camping on site this year due to road construction.
Best times to meet riders is Sat before the 3pm pro practice. Just watch they are all out walking the track and autographs are pretty easy to come by. Sunday the pro pits are open from 9am to noon with a pit pass you can purchase saturday.

Bring folding chairs, a cooler (we use an old baby stroller to cart it around) with no alcohol(they inspect them) and some type of shade.
Look for us hopefully I will have my DRN tshirt by then

dperyman

Nov 25, 2000
Thanks Oldguy---jeez you probably are not older than I at 46--anyway good tips and I will be looking for the DRN tshirt and say hi to ya. The weather looks like it will be awsome this weekend. Cya

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I agree with yzracer49, bring water and portable shade!

I'm bringing the whole family... maybe not a big deal for some of you, but I have just been able to "infect" them with dirt bike fervor in the last year or so!!!!! :)

My just 7 and 9 year old know all the riders and have opinions about them!!!!

I know... just humor me it’s been a long road ...11 years before my wife would even try riding, I'm sooo excited!!!

I am now putting on my straight jacket for your protection!;)

see ya there

Kevin

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
if you want to meet

we will be setting up where the red box is. Gives great vantage point of the track (on a large hillside). We set up a blue beach type umbrella for shade. Come on over.

[map of Springcreek mx]

Last edited:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Sounds good

Kevin

yzracer49

Mar 19, 2000
YZRacer49 what time would you recommend being at the track on Sunday

Here is the schedule fron thier web page: http://www.springcreekmx.com/national/index.html
They home page also says some of the construction is done and the bridge is open. The directions have not changed, so I would give the track a call and possiblly save some time.

I live in the south end of the Twin Cities, and we are planning on leaving around 5:30am to try to get trackside by 8:00am.

Oldguy, Up on the hill is a good spot to see most ofthe track. I like to wander around to different spots too. I will also be wearing my DRN shirt. I'll keep an eye out for you guys. Looks like the weather should be good again, :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom