86kxrider

Jul 9, 2006
i just put a pro circuit pipe on my bike and also a carbon fiber reeds ran rich changed main jet from 340 to 330 should i do any thing else carb to adjust to main jet change and what should i expect in power gains from pipe and reeds and is there any other tips you can give me for max performance

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
yea, tune in your suspension. you can have all the horsepower in the world but if you can't handle it your toast.
also make sure to keep your filter clean or else your bike will run rich and make sure your exhaust packing is in good shape or you will loose some top-end power.

86kxrider

Jul 9, 2006
cool i just repacked my silencer and cleaned my filter how should i tune my suspension im rideing mostly on back wood trails

2 Stroke

Jul 10, 2006
How heavy/tall are you? Factory settings on a 125 probablly are callibrated for a 155lbs rider, riding motocross, which requires much stiffer suspension thatn wood trails. If you dont go off any huge jumps and are under 200 lbs, and loosen up of the compression and reboud adjustment, but set the sag or preload height to something of your liking. A softer rear shock will cause the rear of the bike to squat under heavy acceleration and will ultimatley give you better traction, which is key in getting that mighty horsepower to the ground. Like wornknobby said, you can have all the horsepower in the world but if your spinning the tire you ain't going nowhere. Suspension calibration on any bike is probably the most important performance enhancing modification you can do to you MX'er.

Top Bottom