JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I hope he comes back as fast as ever, and I think he will, next year; maybe for the supercross season. I hope he doesn't stop racing outdoors, He's the most exciting thing going.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
IMHO, knee injuries are no laughing matter...

I will admit that w/out RC or JBS, there is 4-5 guys in the mx class who have a chance at winning, which makes it fun to watch... but on the other hand, JBS is REALLY talented and it is sad that he has to sit out due to injury...

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
JMD said:
He's the most exciting thing going.
Maybe when he's trying to catch RC, but that's not going to be happening anymore, now is it?

Actually, I find the Villipoto/Townley war the be a lot more exciting than watching Stewart. For that matter, the battle for second tends to be more exciting as well. Having said that, the only time that Stewart's riding is even worth watching (without Ricky on the track) is when he screws up and has to find his way through the pack. Other than that, there is nothing to get excited about. The gate drops, Bubba takes the lead, the lappers move out of the way, I wait for the producer to notice a battle farther back in the pack. It's just a bunch of parade laps unless he does something stupid.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
In recent interviews he has been mentioning how long the season is. Also, he has quit going on Saturdays practice. I hope he does not quit, but, seems like he is not to concerned w/the Nats unfortunately.

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I enjoy anyone's battle,first or last! I also enjoy seeing the limits pushed. Without RC and JBS the rest of the year would half suk! I hope like heck that JBS does not have to ride half speed at the mxdn again! Fru I actually missed your bashings,hows it going? And what RV and BT battles,apparently you did not see the second moto at washougal! RV verses RV is one heck of a race!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
While we don't get a great Monster/PC Lites war every week, when they get together, it's always fun to watch, and it's been a really fun year watching the little bikes. It's definitely better than JBS vs open air . But oh yes, Super Leprechaun has some interesting hits when he's on the gas (I did see the buck-off in his homeland), they sometimes make my bottom end sieze, I often wonder how he manages to keep riding (remember Red Bud). It's not his fault, he's simply too small for a grown up bike, that's why he has to get the bike moving, and jump on. :laugh:

Oh, but what bashing? I just call it like I see it, and the way I see it is that without RC, Stewart might as well be "racing"a bunch of kids on 50s, the real racing is all behind him anyway, and most of them have forgotten how to race for the win anyway. Seriously, Windham was so happy about second place a couple weeks ago, that he forgot which flag signified the end of the race. Ol James needs somebody to make him push himself into error, otherwise he's going to get bored, start daydreaming about how he'll be spending his winnings, and not notice the rocks and ruts on the track. Next thing you know, he'll be 20 points out of the lead, and Kawasaki will have to decide whether of not Tim Ferry should be champion this year. Imagine that, Stewart taking a back seat to Ferry.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
brentl said:
Was Stewart wearing a knee brace ?

He was wearing two of them. One on each knee. ;)

Heard this morning they did orthoscopic surgery on his knee and found out the damage was not as bad as first thought. Recovery time will only be a month or two.

Top Bottom