school, with the purchase of his new Suzuki, and I was
thinking about joining him. However, I have to pay (or run
out and buy a Suzuki quick) so I figured I'd check with
forum to see if anybody has attended the school and
what they thought. Thanks

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Ya I did, twice. If you are a beginner it's good because they'll get you doing technique the right way. Unfortunately you do spend a lot of time in line watching others. The first day is really lame, important but lame. Then the second day you get to do more riding. They do videotape most everything and then you get to watch it at the end of the day and Tony criticizes most everyone that's not riding suzuki. His favorite thing is "ride on suzuki!!!" :silly:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I took his class after buying my new RM. It's a one day deal and I got a ton of riding in. It was the day after the Binghamton national and we rode the entire national track and he concentrated on techniques for all the sections. He has several guys helping him and they go through a detailed explanation on how to attack each section. Then everyone takes turns doing the section while the instructor looks on. They give pointers as you exit the section and you ride it over and over again.

They have you do some "free rides" too where you just ride around the whole track. I went through over 2 tanks of gas and had a blast.

It is well worth it but as with anything you get out of it what you put into it. I have been riding for 30 years and I don't race anymore but it was a cool opportunity to pick up a few tips and meet Tony himself. I even got a free tee shirt for being the oldest guy there :eek:

Top Bottom