Anybody been to Hatfield/Mccoy in WV?

murcada

Dec 16, 2002
I live about two hours away from the Hatfield/Mccoy trails and was just wandering what the trails, in general, are like. If it's just a bunch of tight single track stuff like I have on my farm I'll probably just pass on it. Also, do they let horses and bicycles on the same trails as the dirtbikes? I know from experience a KX500 and horses on the same trail don't mix.

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Man, if you live two hours away and want wider trails, you should have been going to Hatfield McCoy years ago. It's 90% 4-wheeler trails.
Even though I personally like single track, 400+ miles of the wider stuff is still a blast. All the trails are well marked by difficulty level. The green trails are easy enough to bring your wife, yet the blacks are harder than most people can even ride. The scenery is beautiful, and you can ride through the towns.

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
I don't think they allow horses but they do allow bicycles. However, you won't see many, are any, of them. Only a true nut would want to ride up these hills on a bicycle. The only one I saw had to stay within a mile of the parking area because of the terrain dificulty.

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
Man, if you live two hours away and want wider trails, you should have been going to Hatfield McCoy years ago. It's 90% 4-wheeler trails.
Even though I personally like single track, 400+ miles of the wider stuff is still a blast. All the trails are well marked by difficulty level. The green trails are easy enough to bring your wife, yet the blacks are harder than most people can even ride. The scenery is beautiful, and you can ride through the towns.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Does your bike need to be titled, registered, insured, selected, injected and detected to ride there?

Or can I take my old jalopy w/no title and ride?

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
They didnt check me for anything but I did see alot of rangers riding around. As far as the trails go it is way to wide and open for me. I could have drove my Saturn 4 door down most of them. The single track they do have is marked and is very good but not enough of it. Definitely check it out if you are only 2 hours away though. Any new trail is better than the same old one over and over.

Top Bottom