RECENT POSTS

Anybody check out the new Goat?

HomeMadeSin

Lifetime Sponsor
Watching the Tostitos Bowl and saw an ad for the new GTO. Not sure what to think of it yet. 350 hp, 365 ft lbs rear wheel drive. Should be fun to drive. Claim 0-60 in 5.3 (not bad, but shy of legend status). Maybe the numbers are sandbagged a little? Hopefully. The 6-speed would be a definate.

I think it shares a little resemblance with the late model Mustangs, unfortunately.
I think I'd still rather have a '65 Goat, 389 with Tri-power and a 4 speed, but that's just me.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
That's no Pontiac - it's an Australian car called the Holden Monaro. <Insert Holden McGroin joke here>

I hope GM keeps them around for a while. They look pretty sweet.

KDX1

Mod Ban
It may be a Pontiac, but it doesn't compare to my 67' Firebird 400 4 speed!!!! Now that was a real car.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
The body style and appearance is Holden all the way, and way too conservative for me. But according to Car and Driver, that's about all there is that's wrong with it. They said it drove like a BMW (and they were being very serious about that), had no roll, chassis chattering, drove very tight, and had a tight, tight 'euro-like' interior. Of course, the power was great, as it's an LS1 motor.

I don't read Car & Driver, but picked it up after seeing the GTO on the cover.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
Whoops, maybe it was Motor Trend? Either way, I don't care much for new cars.

A V-8 REAR DRIVE 350 bhp TWO DOOR COUPE?????
From PONTIAC????
God bless America!!!!! :thumb: :yeehaw: :worship:
Even if it IS Austrailian..... :cool:

Might not be a 389 tripower, but hey, in this day and age!?
Way ta go Pontiac!! :)

(and it's not even ugly. aka: Aztec / Avalanche / Vibe.)

And be glad!!

All that HP (measured at the crank) in a tank that can't turn or stop, bias ply tires, crap suspension and a nice metal dash to eat. Crumple zones? Bah!

That being said, my ol' black '70 Grand Prix model J was a great car :thumb: The bat mobile baby! Even had the add-on , stuck on the console 8 track player.

Let's see... 350 HP, 6 speed, RWD, small package... :aj:
Wonder what it weighs?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Originally posted by OnAnySunday
A V-8 REAR DRIVE 350 bhp TWO DOOR COUPE?????
From PONTIAC????
God bless America!!!!! :thumb: :yeehaw: :worship:
Even if it IS Austrailian..... :cool:

Way ta go Pontiac!! :)

(and it's not even ugly. aka: Aztec / Avalanche / Vibe.)
Yeah, it is nice to see a new rear wheel drive performance car. It's also good to see Pontiac stop hanging vinyl siding all over the sides of their cars.

However, I am not a GM fan. Spent too many years in and around the auto industry.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Did you see the NBC national news the other day? They had the GTO featured doing big smoky burnouts. Its great to see the return of the V8

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Originally posted by BadgerMan
If I did not have to haul bikes and pull a trailer, here is what I would drive:

http://www.subaru.com/servlet/resea...=WRX_STI_SEDAN&model=IMPREZA&command=overview

My wife has an Outback and that thing is incredible in the winter time. I can only imagine what 300hp and AWD would be like.......especially this time-o-year in Michigan! That WRX looks like the most fun you could have on four wheels!
Read a test of that car in Hot Rod the other day. Went up against an SVT Cobra and put about a tenth of second on it in the quarter. 13.1 I believe?

HomeMadeSin

Lifetime Sponsor
Speaking of the box-look, there was a website about the ugliest cars I saw a while back (might of been posted on DRN). The funniest part of the rant was about how kind it was that Honda used blind engineers to design the Element. I almost cried laughing when I read that.

Okie...back in the day, the Goat was it. The thing I liked the most was the renegade spirit of Pontiac to create the Goat in the 1st place, against the will of GM and its flagship Chevy brand. Besides, it getting close to where re-badging could apply to all brands (affix Ford, GM, DC label on the front....)

Not to switch topics, but have the motorcycle Gods ever create something unique, say something comparable to the GMC Cyclone (0-60 in 4.6)? I guess the CR500AF would be it, but anything else????

The Yamaha VMAX was quite the hot rod :)

I remember "back in the day" a little too well thanks. I guess I started liking cars around 6 years old... that would be 1966 :scream: . Have had a couple of the short trunk/long hood cars, a 70 Challenger RT/SE was probably the most "rare" and uncontrollably fast when running right. My favorite GTO was the large body version, 64-65? Beautiful car.

What I was kinda gettingat is "They sure don't make 'em like they used to"... damn good thing too. We actually survive accidents these days.