Anybody else get into pro or college football?

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
I am just wondering if there are any other NFL or college football fans here.

Big fan right here. During football season my wife grows to very much despise the sport.

Who is your favorite team? Any season ticket holders here? What about fantasy football?

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Born, raised, and educated in Norman, Oklahoma and the University of Oklahoma. So take a guess. 17 days, 8 hours, and 6 minutes until the Tar Heels get a National Champion whippin' on August 25th.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I'll even watch the exhibition (oops - I mean preseason) games to get my football fix. However, I could not watch the XFL. I'd rather watch 10 years old play the game (than watch 20 year olds acting like 10 years olds).
In Michigan, we have the benefit of having two great programs within 60 miles of each other. The teams may not win a National Championship each year, but it is one helluva rivalry.

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
Fatherandson

I agree, XFL was a pathetic display. I watched about 5 minutes of one game. Garbage in my opinion. I would much rather watch arena or European league.

Well I am a OSU fan so I guess we are arch rivals. J/K :confused:

Do you mostly root for University or State?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Smitty
Born, raised, and educated in Norman, Oklahoma and the University of Oklahoma. So take a guess. 17 days, 8 hours, and 6 minutes until the Tar Heels get a National Champion whippin' on August 25th.

i was born and raised in oklahoma too. but i went to oklahoma state. i am a fan of all the local schools. i was glad to see the sooners win the national championship. i guess i'm a sooners fan in football season and a cowboys fan in basketball and baseball season.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
True cheese head here

Really all of you claim there is another team in the NFL but it is the Packers. Lived and died with them in the mid 60's great years and then the 70's and 80's of despair but the last 4 have made up. Unfortunately this year looks to be a 10 and 6 probably.

Next best is the Badgers- go BIG RED!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Oh god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I came home from work the other day and this ridiculous sport with these men running around in tight pants was on, I freaked!

"What the @#$%! is THAT doing on?"
"It's football season"
"What?! Already, Again??!"
"I thought you promised you were going to give up football when we got together?"
;)

He wasn't buyin' it. ;)

Hmpft! Now he insists I must become a Steelers fan! :eek: I was ready to go to the mat until he informed me they are the only "real" football team in the league because they are the only ones that don't have cheerleaders.
GO STEELERS! ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Boomer!

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I was born in Wisconsin so I'm a big Packers fan. I even have my cheesehead. I have lived in the San Diego area since 1980 so I also root for the Chargers except when they play the Packers. The Packers (70,s and 80,s) and lately the Chargers have had some bad years but thats how you can tell who the real fans are.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Go Steelers!

Huge Steelers fan here and you gotta love the turnaround of Kansas State! For some reason I cannot figure out - I turned down a couple college football scholarships to play baseball instead :( The second biggest mistake of my life. #1 was not being born into a wealthy family :)

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
Okie:
Would that be Esiason or Chris?

GOspeedracer, not the Steelers. You like the Bills, trust me:p

I guess I should tell you my fav team since I started the thread;)

My favorite college team is Ohio State.

My fav pro team is the Bills. I grew up in upstate New York so don't hold it against me. Some of my other favorites would be Bengals:( (since I live here I have to like them:confused: ) and I have liked the Broncos since they got slaughtered in the SB against the Redskins. I guess you could say I like SB losers.:)

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Being that my formative football-watching years were the 70s and I have a certain affinity for the teams that are....er....a little.....different...I got permanently attached to Oakland and Oklahoma.

I've still seen nothing greater in football than the Sooner wishbone in high gear with Sims, King, Lott, and Overstreet running their hapless opponents dizzy. Bring the triple option back to college football!!!

Oh yeah. The Dallas Cowboys are the anti-christ. :p

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
49ers and Ravens

Even tho the Ravens lost their starting right tack for 10 -12 weeks, and crushing blow yesterday, RB Jamal lewis Tore up his left ACL, out for season, title defense will be alot harder, more on the defense again for the Ravens..
It is gonna be very weird seeing Jerry Rice playing in Oakland this year, I have been a Niners fan for 17 years, and seen it all... This will be a lil strange, I think they have a good shot of making the playoffs this year..
Man , I am soooooooooooo glad football is back so I dont have to hear about baseball anymore, it gets so boring in June.....

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Well, so far I can only agree that I'm glad it's football season. You guys support such LOOSER teams, I'm almost embarrassed to know you.

Now anyone with any class knows the DALLAS COWBOYS are the best team, once they get through this little slump, they'll be on top where they belong.

Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
College - University of Washington Huskies, although I enjoy teasing Okie because Mrs. Woods is a Texas alumnus... Hook 'em Horns! :p

Pro - Miami Dolphins

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by holyroller1
Tennessee Thumper

Am I mistaken or is your avatar using the Titans symbol scheme?
Yep,it's the Titan's symbol im actually not a big Titans fan though.IMO college football is what it's all about.GO BIG ORANGE!

Last edited:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Since I grew up close to Kansas City, what else but a Cheifs fan. Nothing like knowing that you are going to be disappointed every year. But with the start of the season just around the corner, there is always hope!

TTRGuy,
Yes it is amazing the turn around of Kansas State. I grew up on a farm outside of KC, which meant you were a K State fan. Either that, or you had a commie flag hanging in the barn that no one knew about! :eek: So I guess that means I'm a K State fan, but a even bigger Pitt State Gorilla fan!

Last edited:
Top Bottom