Anybody else see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
From Cyclenews.com

Neil Marriott, Matt Walker’s Pro Circuit/Kawasaki/Chevy Trucks team mechanic from South Africa, was killed early Saturday morning, March 6, in a head-on collision in Ontario, California.

According to California Inland Empire newspaper The Press-Enterprise, Marriott was driving north on the southbound side of I15 in his 1988 Toyota pickup when he hit 18-year-old Lauren Marie Daciolas, driving a 1998 Ford Mustang, on an interchange from the 10 west to the 15 south at about 2:30 a.m. Both died instantly.

Daciolas’ two passengers, Kaycee and Jessica Smith, suffered broken bones in the accident and were recovering in a San Bernardino County hospital.

-Am I reading this correctly? He was going the wrong way on the interstate at 2:30 in the morning?

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
Yes, he was going the wrong way. The girl he killed goes to a church in our denomination, so I've been following the story a bit. Really tragic all the way around.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Maybe in British dominated South Africa (where he's from) they drive on the left hand side of the road. If so then he was probably too tired (or whatever) and so he mentally regressed to what he grew up doing, driving on the left hand side.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Psalm31.24, sorry to hear this.

I travel a lot for work and I will tell you that even if your use to driving on the right side of the road, that it is confusing at night in strange (to you) places. I have ended up driving the wrong way on one way streets a number of times, most of the time it was while trying to find the hotel right after work. You just never know.

Mar 31, 2004
Lauren was my cousin and my best friend. The man who killed her that night, after a day and night of drinking at a work party, got behind the wheel of his car and drove the wrong way on the freeway. This was no mistake due to confusion from growing up in a place where the drive on the left side... this was simple stupidity and irresponsibility. The only console my family has is our faith. We thank God everyday that we know that she knew Jesus as her Lord and Savior and she is in heaven waiting for us to join her. If you have any comments, please email me personally at Jules23@aol.com

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
So sorry to hear Jules, my condolences to you and your family.

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
Amen, Jules---death is swift and sudden nowadays. Everyone lives forever:it's just a matter of where... <><

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001

You do not know what was in Neil Marriott's mind or why he was driving on the wrong side of the road. I am sorry for your loss. Yet neither God nor Jesus will prejudge you as unfairly as you just prejudged Neil.

Mar 31, 2004
HiG4s said:
You do not know what was in Neil Marriott's mind or why he was driving on the wrong side of the road. I am sorry for your loss. Yet neither God nor Jesus will prejudge you as unfairly as you just prejudged Neil.
I know that he was driving on the wrong side of the road because he was drunk! It would be one thing had he just been confused. Would it make it an easier to say goodbye to Lauren? No. Of course not! But it makes it so much more difficult to understand when it is something that could have been, and very much SHOULD have been avoided. It was senseless, and that makes me sick! So forgive me for "prejudging" as you say the man who turned my world upside down. But can you please explain to me how I am judging in any way... the man was drunk! Are you suggesting that there may have been any kind of reasonable explanation for him getting behind the wheel of that car?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Please ignore the insensitive remarks. Thank you for providing more information - until your post, there was only speculation.

Lauren's death is a tragedy, and you have my heartfelt condolences for your loss. Like all drunk driving accidents, it could have been avoided.

jake949

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2000
what was his BAL? it could have been a honost mistake, like when i ran that stop sign yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…