anybody have any boot break in tricks

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
Walk around in them for a few hours. What boots did you get? Some boots have a long break-in period (MSR's come to mind) and others have almost no break-in.

Well, we always soaked 'em in water and walked 'em dry.

But I admit I'm a hick. Could also use mink oil or my favorite, coon fat.

Assuming they are made of leather--do what Gunther said, soak in warm water and wear until dry--hopefully you get this done in a day, because the fairer sex does not like boots in bed but do not take off until dry. When dry, work in paste mink oil with fingers (good for your skin) and then melt the mink oil into the leather (especially the welt area) with your hair dryer!! Boots should stay pliable and relatively water resistant for a good while.

RJ-KDX

Subscriber
1.) Put new boots on.
2.) Go riding.
3.) Don't forget other gear, especially underware.
4.) Repeat, as many times as necessary.
5.) Not the underware part though.

;)

thanks for the info. those sidi's look nice i may end up with those. i just got a pair of oneal elements cause i needed some boots fast. are thor t20's any good i can get some of those cheap.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
Thor T-20's? You should be able to get those cheep because they were discontinued years ago. The T-30's are much better boots (a real great value) and sell for about $130.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
If you've ever gone through the pain, recovery, and loss of work due to a dirt bike related injury, I doubt you'll ever shop for protective gear on price alone.

It is an investment not unlike medical insurance (and yet some ride without that! :| ).

I agree that helmets & boots are not something to be thrifty on. As far as break in wear them around the house especially with shorts, very stylish!