Anybody have/ride street bikes?

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
The Harley fans will say that they are completely reliable, I say, the Japanese bikes are more reliable. I also feel that they are overpriced, un-original, status symbols. They are, basically a mixture of bin parts. Harley uses the same tanks, fenders, forks wheels, engines, and most everything else, on all of there bikes. They just mix them up and call them different models. Fortunately, this results in some pretty interchangeable parts. They are also way too heavy.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
tsk,tsk,tsk--no VMax riders here. A long time ago (probably from 85-94) I had: V65Magna, VMax and Fatboy. The fatboy lasted 2 mo.--no power, and Kali traffic. The other 2 were 'wheeliable' at 90 plus, although the VMax was heavily modified (in my apartment).

I'd like to say I'd buy the new VMax, reputed to be coming out with 1800cc and 200hp, but I know my driving habits probably haven't changed much and I need to stay alive for a while, at least for people other than myself. I'll stick with dirt for now.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004

I've always wanted a V-Max. Maybe in a few more years.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i got this sunday.

Attachments

• zr550.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 65

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
mx547 said:
i got this sunday.

Not a bad bike at all. That was my husband's first street bike same year and all. Only his was black and not in the best shape. It was the first street bike I rode. Enjoy!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
nephron said:
tsk,tsk,tsk--no VMax riders here.

PFFFFT, too slow. :p

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
nephron said:
tsk,tsk,tsk--no VMax riders here.

My dad is :)
He currently has the '05 Anniversary edition, before that was the first year '85 and before that a '97 which was his commuter vehicle when we lived in So. Cal. He loves it, it's a nice bike...just not my style.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
MXGirl230 said:
Not a bad bike at all. That was my husband's first street bike same year and all. Only his was black and not in the best shape. It was the first street bike I rode. Enjoy!

i like it so far. it's all original except the tires and it has only 16,000 miles. i just needed something cheap, fun, and reliable to ride. now i have it.

high performance is not an issue with me. i do my racing on the mx track.

CerkMX

Oct 8, 2006
I've got an '03 Kawasaki Z1000. After owning a number of supersport bikes, my back had enough (at only 25) and I bought this baby. Best streetbike i've ever owned. From sport-tourer to weekend twisties to trackbitch...it does it all.:D

...on a side note, how do i add images here??

spoolin7

Oct 24, 2006
i've got an '06 cbr1000rr and my wife has an '06 cbr600rr. fun as hell, but due to just recently buying a home, they're also up for sale

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…