Anybody here ever do the Iron Butt Rally?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
more specifically, a friend and i are contemplating the Butt Burn which is 1000 miles in a 24 hr period. any experience and tips would help.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
On a street bike? The reason I ask is CJ riders husband got one together with a dual sport and only dirt roads. It was posted in the womens forum a while back. You might get in touch with them and see if they have any tips. I think CJrider did it on a DR650!

You might find some more info on a site for touring bikes and such. I know of a few people that have done it on a DR/Bandit/Katana page that I'm on. PM me and I will give you the addy, but its a Suzuki page. I could even post the Question for you and give you the addy to view the thread if you didn't want to join.

I'm not sure it was a rally with a bunch of other people, but you had to stop and get ATM reciepts and Gas Reciepts to show that your location and time. Kind of like a log for the trip. Then you send it in and get certified by the IBA or something like that.

Last edited:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
yeah dan. i have a zrx1100 and my friend has a buell. route im thinking of doing goes from the metromess of dfw to van, tx out towards el paso. cjrider has a dr650? i have an xt 600 and its pretty tall. did she lower it? she really had to throw her leg over that kx100 last yr. she knows what she is doing. the dualsport angle sounds cool.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom