Anybody here ever own a Yankee?

pursang262

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2000
A buddy of mine has one for sale and I'm thinking of adding it to my pile, um I mean collection of bikes. It's a rider,not a museum piece and parts are available, I'm wondering what the thing's like to ride. Thanks.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Is it the street legal model or the racer? I never rode one but I've seen them on eBay. I think they might be a bit rare, as in not very many, not pink inside.
smile.gif

They were quite fast, with two Ossa 250 side by side and firing "twingle". If you're getting it cheap...GET IT!!!

------------------
'00 Honda XR400
'73 Maico MC400 (most of it anyway)
'73 CZ 380
'70 Bultaco Sherpa T
Vintage Dirt Home Page

pursang262

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2000
It's an enduro model, but set up for vintage mx right now. Allthe lights, speedo ,etc. are in a box, motor recently rebuilt, I bought my Sherpa T from the same dude, our local vintage bike nut, guys got about 40 bikes. He's got 2 Yankees and wants to get rid of one, I think I need it.It would make a killer dual sport I think.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Yankee, cool bike, been looking for one for years. If you don't want it, contact me, I'd like to put it along side my 74 KX450's,Rokon, Bridgestone 350 scrambler,Road Toad, oh yea, and my yz400f.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom