justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Computers in Arkansas???

I didn't know they even had electricity in Arkansas.:p I beleive there are several Arkansawer's around here.

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
arkansas suck

you are actually almost right, we can't even get DSL cable modem yet, and I live in the Capital of the state. pretty bad huh.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
NWA

Pitbull,
Hey man, you aren't living in the right part of the state! :p Here in North West Arkansas DSL cable has been available for about a year. I'm not a Arkansawer's like justql says. Just imported like most others that live in this part of the state.

Do you ride MX, or offroad? Mostly MX myself.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
there used to be a cool track in north little rock at burns park. they only raced on memorial day and labor day. it was always a great race. usually 4 or 5 pros with national numbers would show up. if you trophied at that race, you were doing something. the last time i went was in the early 90's. someone told me that they turned it into a golf course.

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
MX

most MX, we run the mid south MX series. Yeah, I have family in North East Arkansas. It is pretty nice there. It sucks, we won't have DSL until August at the earliest. We have some really nice MX tracks here, Malibu is really nice, but Thacker is terrible, kinda like a goat trail. Pine Bluff is by far me favorite though.

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
Burns Park

Yeah, Burns part was awesome. They made it into a soccer field. They kicked us off of it right before they tore it down. I was a really nice track, and known for always being in good shape and well maintained. Yeah, they held national qualifiers there, you are right, if u placed well in those races, you were the **it. Cliff Palmer raced there the last memorial day they raced at that track, and he still had alot of competition on his hands. :p

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Burns Park

I lived in Little Rock about 9 years ago. Only got to ride at Burns Park once when they had a open practice. Was a fun track to ride on. Never did race there. Pitbull, sounds like there are more places to ride around Little Rock then when I lived there. Never made it to Pine Bluff either. At the time they did not have the track open for any type of riding or practicing besides on race day.

What about the track in Jacksonville? The name escapes me at the moment. Is it still open?

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
Jacksonville

No, I don't think that track is around anymore. I have never heard of it atleast. The closest track we have to that is Sherwood, but that is a faily new track. We do have alot of tracks going up around here. I miss Burns Park though, I learned to ride on that track, and when I learned they were tearing it down to make it a soccer field, that made me mad. But, oh well, we have others now. You should come down and ride on some of these tracks.

I had a job in Bentonville and stayed there we some family, that is a REALLY nice town. I like it there.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Yeah Sherwood

The Sherwood track is the one I'm talking about. My mistake, thought it was in Jacksonville. I'm game to come down and ride there sometime. I have a 11 year old boy who rides a KX 100 that would love to come along also. Whats the track like? Our local track here is built on a old stock car track that is on a clay base. Nothing but hard pack blue groove. I sure do miss good ole brown dirt like I grew up riding on in Kansas!

RazorbackDave

Oct 14, 2000
Arkansas riding

Hey guys-

Check out www.dirtbikemike.com for mx sites around the state. If you like to ride enduros, harescrambles or just woods, hook up with Arkansas Dirt Riders at one of their meetings. First Tuesday each month at US Pizza in NLR at 7:00 pm. Email me if your interested.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
MX547- If plans fall through to go riding Saturday with friends in Kansas, I will come down. Its been a month since I rode. :( No riding during the week this week as I'm traveling on business. So think I will come just to watch and me ya. Do you have any plans to go riding Sunday or Monday? I should know Friday when I get back from my travels.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
can't ride sunday, it's my anniversary. monday i have a race at hickory ridge. it's about 15 miles south of muskogee. maybe too far for you. it's an excellent track though. i would probably skip hickory but they are having their awards for the series that just finished up there and i want to collect my stuff.

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
Hello All.
Just a little note from Batesville, Ar. ...
Last year the Thacker track WAS a goat trial... He's come along way and is getting better all the time.

I wish they would run another harescrabmle this year at thacker. That's where the fun is......
:p

Pitbull

Apr 10, 2001
Sherwood

Sherwood is a realy nice track when it is groomed. Last time I was there, it had some sorta like supercross like style jumps, large track, fun to ride, and you never really get tired of it.
LATER,
Chris

Top Bottom