JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Copied from another board:

4 Found Shot to Death in Motorcycle Shop

CHESNEE, S.C. (AP) - A customer visiting a motorcycle shop Thursday afternoon found four people shot to death, including the store's owner, authorities said.

Two bodies were in the front doorway at Superbike Motorsports, and the other two were found inside, Sheriff Bill Coffey said. The victims - three men and a woman - were shot multiple times.

Investigators have some leads, but haven't named suspects or determined a motive, the sheriff said.

Authorities said the victims included shop owner Scott Ponder, 30; Brian Lucas, 30; and Beverly Guy, 52. The fourth victim's name was not immediately released.

``The only thing I can think of is that it is business-related,'' said Robert Fowler, another customer who went to the shop after he got word of the slayings. ``It couldn't be personal.''

The store sold dirt bikes, all-terrain vehicles and similar items. Chesnee, a town of about 1,000, lies just south of the North Carolina state line.

Last edited:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I met the owner a few years back and have been in there a couple times. I do not "know" them but I know who they are and they were nice people.

The store owner who was killed leaves behind a pregnant wife (their first).

The place is only about 15 minutes from my hosue.

Ivan

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Damn. :(

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Damn. :(

Not quite as strong of language as I was thinking.  Ivan, post some links if they become available for aid, support, info on the SOB(s) that did this! :debil:

sweden_345

Jul 17, 2002
Man that suck's. Hope thet get em!
But i wonder one thing. Is it usual in the US that there is a dirtbike store in a town where it only lives 1000 people?
Here in sweden that would be a way to small place for a bike shop to be sucess full

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Chesnee is close to two metropolitan areas. It's 15 miles from Spartanburg, SC, and 45 miles from Greenville, SC.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
That's horrible! :( I am kind of confused at how they determined that it was 'business' and not 'personal'... was anything missing from the store? Money missing from the victims? I just ask since nothing was said about it in the initial report.

As for the scumbag(s) who did this... tie each limb to the back of four different 18 wheelers and tell the drivers to use low gears and take their time. :p

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Terrible.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
How can they say it is business related, I don't think selling motor bikes means you get shot to death? It sounds like there is alot more to this story. And if it is bike theft related they would probly break in at night and take what they want. Stealing some bikes and shooting people is a way different crime. Sounds personal, very personal.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
:|

Top Bottom