bazmaster03

Apr 1, 2009
does anybody know the size of the nut thats keeps the kick start in place ....its screws on the shaft that comes out of the motor ...i know its a national fine bolt but what size is it ....i have a 1990 kdx 200 if the year makes a difference

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
National Fine is an American thread.
The nut on your bike is metric.
It is a 12mm by either 1.25MM or 1.5MM threads. I'll have to check tomorrow and see which it is.

Mud

bazmaster03

Apr 1, 2009
ya its a 1.25 thread i chacked with a gauge ...i know now all i have to do is find one lol not much nuts around my little town

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
Best of luck to you; it's an unusual thread pitch, but I've heard of some guys finding one at a local hardware store....

Mud

fusion

Jan 25, 2009
or you could order it from HERE for $0.66 and like $4 shipping.

bazmaster03

Apr 1, 2009
ya i didnt fond one yet but one thing i found when disassembling the kick start mecanism is that the was just a spring in the little hole on the side ...thats why it wouldnt flip back and no set screw or little ballbearing thype of thing .......im also lucky i didnt lose the whole kickstart in the first place.....

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
What is missing is part of the detent mechanism.
It doesn't cause the lever to kick back, and it doesn't hold anything on. It merely keeps the lever folded in once its in place.
The ball is gone, but the spring is still there?? Odd.

bazmaster03

Apr 1, 2009
mudpack said:
What is missing is part of the detent mechanism.
It doesn't cause the lever to kick back, and it doesn't hold anything on. It merely keeps the lever folded in once its in place.
The ball is gone, but the spring is still there?? Odd.
ya i know it is pretty odd that it happened ....altough i do have to fix it cuz as soon as my feet come off the foot pegs the kick start opens up and i bang my shin against it most of the time ....by accident tho not on purpose ...lol im surprised i didnt break the lever or my shin in some cases

Top Bottom