Anybody make a tall foam replacement seat?

Wallydog

May 14, 2002
My 2001 KDX needs the tall foam and a seat cover. I would like to buy a complete seat with the taller foam . Is there one available out there? If not, which of the replacement tall foam kits is best? Thanks

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I use tall seat foam made by CEET but I can't remember where I bought it. It doesn't come wrapped with a cover but the stock cover will fit..

Wallydog

May 14, 2002
I am not sure if Moose has a complete seat for the KDX or not. IU will check. Do you have to cut the old foam of the hard plastic base and then reglue the new foam to the old base?

Wallydog

May 14, 2002
I can not pull up the Moose website because of my old computer. It takes Flash something or other. Can someone get me a phone number for Moose customer service to see if they have a complete tall seat for the 2001 KDX? Thanks.

emcdan

Mar 26, 2001
I have used guts and ceet on different bikes. I recently replaced my seat cover and added a two inch thick foam piece (6 inch square) underneath the stock foam near the tank junction. It did away with the steep KDX sloping seat without going to a different foam. Ohh. FYI...if you have tank graphics matching the seat, they will not completely line up if you have a taller foam

Wallydog

May 14, 2002
Did you cut the stock foam at the seat base with a saw and just insert the new foam piece, glue it all together and there you go or what? I ended up gluing three layers of dense closed cell foam carpet pad to the top to get an inch and a half of height. I then used a coarse belt sander and shaped the new foam to line up with the existing seat contours. Worked well. I was able to stretch the stock cover over it also. A cheap fix for me.

Top Bottom