Racerjoey1

Jun 19, 2002
My 1996 is looking a little rough around the edges. I would like to take it down to the frame while I am doing my motor here pretty soon. It doesn't have to be completely bare but I would like to repaint most of the frame. The previous owners riding boots did a number on the frame. I want to get new plastic, seat cover, and some graphics. Where can I get Kawasaki paint? I am thinking of painting the frame a silver like the newer model KDX's and getting the black tank. It will all bolt up right? I just want to give it a fresh look and make it look a little newer. Have any of you done this to your older KDX or any bike for that matter?

Thanks,
Joey

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
A guy I know in Moab Utah who does tours and rents KDXs, strips them down and has the frames nickel plated. It looks really sharp and actually doesn't cost much. No paint to ever wear off again and Ni is way hard so it's even difficult to scratch. IF you do this, have any bolts & nuts, footpegs --any steel parts done at the same time.

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
i bought some Kawasaki green spray paint from Dennis Kirk but i dont think they have the grey frame paint . i painted where my boots had been rubbing and you cant even tell where i touched it up . keep checking ebay for the black gas tank cause you wont buy new when you here the price . for graphixs kits go to http://mxsouth.com/ they have a very wide variety and i have boughten form them before , nice people . happy rebuilding , sounds like a fun project . :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
My KDX is a ground up restoration. I bought it from a friend whos kids just distroyed the thing, litterly. I brought it home as a box of parts. Three months later it looked and ran better than it ever did.

killeronadkx

Dec 20, 2003
I have done this a few times.... PJ1 makes frame paint in a rattle can... I prefer to have mine powder coated.... They stripped the old paint off and powder coated mine for about 100.00 and it looked great...Good luck and have fun
Randy

Top Bottom