70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'm going to be off 12/22/04 thru 1/4/04 the only dates that are out are 12/24, 12/25, 12/27 "Hey what about a New days ride some where". Hell I'd even be up for Gladwin! The snow getting deeper my the day. If anybody wants to ride drop me a call 517-522-4350 I have no puter @ home hooked to the net.

:yeehaw:

Last edited:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
I'm doing the "west half" of Leota tomorrow (Sun, 12/21). Eager to try the studs out. I hope to be there between 9 and 10.
I'm interested in riding somewhere on the 26/27/28 as well.
My list of "needs ridden" include Evart, Ambrose Lake, MCCCT from St Helen to Luzerne and a "few" others. Doesn't mean I won't ride somewhere else...
Watching the sled reports closely - sounds like everything west of 27 and north of 55 has too much snow for bikes to leisurely play in (I realize hard core fanatics believe there is no such this as too much snow). Correct me if you know otherwise as I've not actually been over to those areas lately.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Here in Kalkaska we have close to 2ft of snow. I tried Friday but there was to much snow and I didn't dare try to go onto any sort of 2-track, due to the mass of snowmobilers and their "your time is up" looks.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
2TrakR, give us a Leota report after tomorrow please! The weather forecast looks pretty good the weekend after Christmas, and that may have to be on the list.

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Leota Report (West Half):
5 inches of snow, quad tracks on all but 2 small sections. Studs mandatory, in my opinion, but I've seen guys trying to do stranger things.
Trail itself was good and it was a nice ride. There were probably a dozen quads out there, all that gawk of disbelief when I'd pass 'em on the TTR.
Plenty of trees down on this half of the loop as well.
I hadn't been up on Lookout Point previously, so that was cool. Lots of fun hills on this loop.
Snow seems to be melting pretty good, should keep doing so for a couple days according to the weather. By the end of the week Leota should be down to an inch or so unless the weather gets really weird.
Over here, the snow is down even more, I'd bet that Gladwin only has a coating in the shady spots (a coating of ice that is).

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I am hoping to get in a ride sometime before 12/31 (I gotta - I have ridden 22 out of the last 24 months - cant hardly miss a December ride).

No clue when at this point - we have some new toys in the garage the wife and kids are expecting to play on (snowmobiles).  I am toying with finding a spot where they can ride the sleds, me on the bike - that should be good for some strange looks!

We are off to da UP for sleddin mid week next week, w/e after Christmas is out...most likely time for me would be 1/1 to 1/4. (man...i gotta find a way before 12/31 though....)  

70Marlin - good chance we might talk 2big4aKDX into a Gladwin ride at some point.  I spoke with him yesterday as he was puttin on his screwed up tires.  He will be snowmobiling with me on 1/30 and 1/31...hmmm just gotta convince him to put the KTM on the snomo trailer :thumb:  and we could bike either before or after.....

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Just finished up with the KTM. All set to go. I think I could fit it in the trailer, or I could toss it in the back of the truck. Let me know when and where and I will try to make it. I was thinking of riding something the day after Xmas. Trail conditions would dictate what that would be.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi 2big - long time.... Hey you guys, Friday is looking better all the time for me... How about Tin Cup?? The last I heard from Mweissen he isnt going to make it but that doesnt mean we cant go "churn'er up" a bit... What do you's think?
Woodsy

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Hey Woodsy, I'm sorry to say that I will not be able to make it on Fri, the 26th. Sorry such late notice but we just make it home from much x mas activities. I definatly want to come out that way sometime and ride with you and your buddies though. Keep in touch, eh?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'm still up for some fun. Studs are all in! I just don't want a mud fest. Has anyone been out is the ground still frozen? CALL ME IF YOU’RE HEADING OUT! 517-522-4350 I'm not @ work and bored. "Also no net"The rest of the week is open!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Pat, Woodsy

Well - 2big headed to da UP a day early to check out the snowmobile trail conditions - and just called me to say the trails are shot - so my snomo trip to da UP has been cancelled due to lack of snow!  That leaves me with some unexpected time available. 

I might be able to ride Tuesday afternoon (I will need the morning to mount up my prescrewed tires)  or I might be able to ride Wednesday morning into early afternoon.  I will need to stick to something within a couple of hours drive...Mio sounds like a blast right now, or where ever else????

Pat - I will give you a call in the morning.  If anyone wants to hook up, give me a call at 989-785-2974.  My computer is having some problems (seems Internet Explorer wants to randomly lock up - its working fine now though!)  so your best bet is to call or email me directly (my email is working fine) at sstephenson@i2k.net

Top Bottom