Amber Farris

Mar 14, 2003
Well, I see a lot of people have decided to pass on the Reno this year. I have never been to Moonrocks and this was my first "Reno ride". What a bummer. I live in the bay area so it is not that long of drive, so my husband and I are still going up. I am hoping there will be some riding avalible. Is anyone still going for sure?

bushpilot

Dec 29, 1999
Still Going?

Its our wedding anniversary trip (43 Years). We will be staying at the Silver Legacy. We will arrive Wednesday evening. I am taking my laptop so I can communicate. After I get there I'll post my cell.

Wayne

jak525

Jan 19, 2004
Man I want to come over really bad. Ive been to Moonrocks agillion times,as its one of my favorite places to ride.If there is 2-3 inches of snow its fun but anymore than that its kind of a pain.Im going to say ill be there but my final decision will be friday.The weather looks good but if someone wants to post a report later on in the week that would be great.

HighDesert

Feb 14, 2004
If even a couple of others are still going, then I am still going to go out there Saturday morning, since I have nothing to lose. I ride a KTM 250 #38, grey F150 4WD. I haven't ridden since last year so I am itchin for it pretty bad, snow or not. I don't really expect a monumental ride, but anything is better than nothing. Maybe later this week, the people that are still going can get in touch with all the others who are going.

My email address is:

jskearney25 at hotmail dot com

Jamie

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Red and I are still flying in from Chicago... plan is to ski Tahoe on Friday and just relax on Saturday (anyone have ski resort recommendations - I've heard Heavenly is the best). If anyone is riding Moonrocks on Saturday and might want to rent out the use of two bikes for a few hours, let me know via PM or post here - we would be interested if that's a possibility.

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
nikki, Mt. Rose is closest to Reno. If you ride a board you probably want to avoid Heavenly due to large flats that require unstrapping and walking.

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
alpine meadows is pretty darned good and only $39. northstar is overpriced, but pretty awesome when they get alot of fresh snow, and still rideable when alpine and squaw close in high winds.

i think heavenly is lame personally, but that's just me. mt rose is pretty good, and close to town.

it looks like i'll be racing the mrann race near fernly on sunday, and i got tomorrow off, so i guess i may head out to moonrocks just for some company and a place to camp friday night. depending on what riding is like at moonrocks, i may head out to the track in fernley on saturday, and i'll probably camp at the race site sat night.

mw

Bronco

Jan 8, 2005
Hey Velosapiens;What # & class you riding? I'll be there sun. morning, I'll come by & intro. myself. This is !st race so I dont have # yet. If I dont see yah, good luck. Patrick [Bronco]

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
It starting raining a while ago. Let's hope it knocks down the last of the snow on the trails and leaves them nice and tacky for tomorrow!

HighDesert

Feb 14, 2004
Sounds good to me.

D36-108A said:
It starting raining a while ago. Let's hope it knocks down the last of the snow on the trails and leaves them nice and tacky for tomorrow!

Amen to that. I have noticed quite a bit of snow melting around my house between last weekend and today, although I am sure it won't be as good as it COULD be. I will take what I can get, as I am looking forward to meeting some new folks, and checking out some new trails.

See you guys in the morning!
Jamie

Top Bottom