Anybody try Valvoline 2 stroke oil??

Status
Not open for further replies.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I went to Autozone yesterday to buy Mobil 1 Racing 2T - it appears my local store has stopped carrying it. . . :bang:

Anyway, I needed something, so I bought the "best" thing they had - Valvoline 2 stroke oil.

Now I have a predisposition against Valvoline motor oil because of the numerous horror stories my transmission mechanic father in law has told me about the effects of that oil which he has seen.

However, maybe the 2 stroke oil isn't too bad.

Any reports?

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
That's strange, I use to build and race hot rods and have friends that are circle track racers, all of us have used Valvoline oil for 25+ years and I have never seen a oil related failure to date. I have never used the 2 stroke oil though.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
I have used the valvoline, I was forced to try it for the exact same reason. The oil seems to smoke alot but only used 5 gallons of fuel with it. I use redline now and like it much better. The valvoline seems to burn less clean than the mx2t and redline. I use valvoline tcw3 in my boat and it smokes alot at idle too, its not really an issue with boating because my outboard spends most of its life between 4000 and 5000 rpm.

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
I personally wouldnt use a TCW-3 rated oil in a dirtbike because a dirtbike 2-stroke has a lot more heat and stress on it than an outboard motor.
TCW-3 is a standard that came out in the '70s for 2-stroke outboard boat motors. Its no longer the highest rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom