Anybody up for a ride sunday 11-9 "cedar creek area?"

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks Marlin for setting the ride up! Tall1, Sngltrk, Rickshaw, OutlawXR4, 70Marlin and I had a great ride. Marlin's making that Husaberg move pretty good!

Cedar Creek has been recently de-whooped, and was a good ride. A good ride is pretty rare there, but conditions were perfect.

OutlawXR4, thanks for saving my butt with the half a Nutragrain bar. I guess I'm going to have to start bringing glucose tabs with me when I ride now.

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Anytime Mark, I'm just glad I got to ride with you again this year. Marlin's talkin bout' a december ride like the first weekend when deer season is over hopefully we'll be able to meet up one more time before spring.

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Thanks to Marlin, Mweissen, Tall1, Sngltrk, and Rickshaw for a great day of riding.

Trail Report- Day started out sunny and warm, well for November. Trail was recently groomed, probably fri or sat, very minimal whoops, trail was fast. I crashed once, little bit too fast into an S-curve, no major damage or injury. Rickshaw tweaked his frontend slightly, and Mweissen whacked his knee. Sngltrk was awesome to ride with, the two of us led trail all day, very fast and fun. Fall cover was beautiful, even with all the leaves covering the ground and any obstacles, instead of being on the trees where they belong. Rode the South loop and then North loop, got done a little early and rode North again in the opposite direction, Sngltrk, Marlin and I continued on to run the South loop again for the final run before packing it up for the day. All in all a great ride with some great people.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Had a great time! This was the first time I met people on the Internet for a ride, and the first time I rode Cedar Creek. Everything went perfectly. What a great day, and a great bunch of guys to ride with!!! See yall next year.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
What a ride! Leaving the house in 18 degree weather was not a good start but the temps were close to 40 by riding time.

Good group and great meeting Scott, Kyle and Tall1. Rode the typical comfortable sweeper side saddle pace :confused:

May even get out again after the orange jackets go away.

And Kyle, I got those studs with your name on em!

sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
Great ride! Nice to finally meet some of the people behind the user ID's. I'll have to try to join in on more MTR rides. I have ridden Cedar Creek many times and never seen it as smooth as we had it on Sunday. A little mud/ice and a few leaves to slow you down, but other than that it was a third gear throttle twisting fest.

Scott

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thanks XR for a GREAT trail report and also for the phone call!!! Even though I didnt get to ride with you guys, I was there in the spirit!!! I did send two buddies your way but they were unable to hook up with you guys. One of them was riding a 93 CR250 and would have been wearing a black Enduro outfit.. He (Larry is his name) called me later Sunday night and siad he was unable to arrive before 11:45 and there were vehicles in the "Creek" lot but NO riders around :( He went and rode the south loop by himself and said he seen a group of riders but was unsure if it was ya'll. When I told him about the ride you guys were planning I told him to just pull up to your cars and say "anybody know ol Woodsy from DRN" and that would at least get him in the right crowd - Larry said "yea, and probably get Tomatoes thrown at me too :) . I told him to look for Mweissen's bike and truck cause Larry is a member of the Muskegon M.C. that Matt (one of Marks work aquaints) is the President of - thought that might help too.. Anyway, sounds like I REALLY missed another GREAT ride :( , oh well, at least I have REALLY good riding buds that know how to write a good trail report - THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
Scott
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Was great to be out riding again! I had a great time. The berg ran flawless never missed a beat. the bike is all most electric, with the way it performes. I'm really starting to get the feel of her. Mweissen, Rickshaw, Outlaw, Sngltrk, and Tall1 Thanks for letting this squid chase y’all around, it was a real blast! The trail was perfect, south loop was firm but not frozen. North loop was sandy, wet like corn meal. With a mix of firm loam thrown in; the trail was extremely fast.
As for after hunting season let try something new. Holton- Horshoe or maybe White Cloud? I really have no preference. Show me your favorites. Most likely we'll need the studs in my then.

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I've never ridden it. But hey it works for me. Do you want to start a new thread to see what kind of interest there is? I'm checking the calendar and Sunday the 12-7 looks good that way I can work OT on Saturday.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I would decide where to go based upon the weather. I never thought White Cloud was a particularly "nice" fall riding spot - too many leaves with logs underneath them, and the front section is pretty wet. If frozen over, it'll be a 5 mile skating rink.

BUT, if that's what you're looking for, it'll be great!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'll be depending on accurate weather reports form the West Side crew on how frozen the ground is. If we drop in to the deep freeze, the kold Kutters will go on the berg. If there's more than 6" of snow I'm not sure I'd even ride.

Top Bottom