Anybody up for a ride sunday 11-9 "cedar creek area?"

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Looking to get out and give the old berg a run. Any takers to keep this spode company?

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Hey Berg, I was just gonna post the same thing. Yeah I think that could work, wanna meet at about 11 or noon. Give the sun a little time to warm things up, hopefully. Just meet at the staging area off of Linderman and Ryerson. Let me know.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
I have been wanting to try Cedar Creek. I would be interested if it does not rain. The current weather report calls for rain. Is Cedar Creek comparable to Tin Cup or Little Manistee?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
If it's not raining. I'll try to be there around 11am. I should be in an old DNR green pick up with a gold bed. Or a brown ford window van with a triple rail trailer.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I may see you guys there, but won't be there until noon to 1. My trip to Kalkaksa got nixed for this weekend.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
The ride is starting to sound like mini TF! Too bad we couldn’t get Rick Shaw, Husa-Dog and a few others? Cedar Creek is only a short blast up I-96 from the Detroit metro area. It's a nice little Day trip. The trail can get pretty whooped out.

Weather for Grand Rapids

Sat Nov 08

Mostly Sunny 0 %
36°/26°

Sun Nov 09 

Few Snow Showers 30 %
44°/31°

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
This 'Dog' will be up in Lake Charlevoix this weekend celebrating my wife's birthday.

She did however mention this little 2002 TTR-125L she saw for sale on the side of the road near out house... there is hope!

Side note bummer... Just found out that our daughter's First Communion is May 2nd, 2004... same weekend as Rites Of Spring!

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
The weather report has changed for the better, there is very good possibility that I will try this place out. I'll be the Tall guy on a KDX 220. Do you guys ride the single track or the ATV trail?

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
According to the DNR map, take US-31 north 5 mile from Muskegon, exit onto M-120 going northeast for 6 miles into Twin Lake. Turn right onto Ryerson Road heading east for 2 more miles. That will take you Linderman Rd., the staging area is just south on Linderman. There should be a sign on Ryerson for the staging area.

I ride either atv or single track, never been there before so whichever isn't as badly whooped out, hopefully the atv trail has been groomed, I'm up for some hi speed fun.

I'll be driving the Silver 1984 2WD Grandpa Special Chevy, with a red XR400 in the back.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I96 to highway B31 Nuncia, it’s about 15 miles past Grand Rapids. Turn right go north about 30 miles to Ryerson  road. Turn left go about 4 miles or so to brown DNR cedar creek motorcycle area sign. Turn left go 100' to parking area on right. Coming from Lansing this is the best route Rick drop me a line on my cell phone 517-812-9677. I should be heading through Lansing about 8am or so.

Last edited:

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Patberg - I'll be on the road by 8:00am...call me at 810.217.8056...we should arrive at the trail head by 10 - 10:30.

I drove to Whitehall this week going 75 and it took 2 hours.

Thanks for the invite and thank the lord that Smit Doggy Dog ain't comin'! :scream:

Mark....can you get there by 11?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hey now.... It's only appropriate that you make the first *and* last ride of the year.

And if it wasn't for my wife's B-Day on Sunday, you'd be eatin' some rooster for lunch!

BTW, still riding side-saddle?

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Rickshaw, I'll see about 11. I was going to do the 9:30 service at church. I'll see if I get a hall pass from the boss.

By the way, both direction sets are correct. For a newbie to the area, XR4's instructions are longer, but easier and the same basic time because it's almost all expressway speed.

It seems strange where I have to only do a 20 or so minute ride while everyone else had a long trip..

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Hey Guys, I wish I could join you But it would be a 5Hr Drive for me. I Will be helping my brother break in 3 new bikes. This week he went out and bought a 03 kdx220 for himself an 02 kdx200 for his 13yrold son And a ttr125le for his 17yr old daughter. :cool: You all get to enjoy the woods But here in Ill we have to drive over the border in Wisc. and ride on an old air force base ( colpletely flat) Only a 3 mile loop and you can see the whole thing from the parking lot . You guy are totaly blessed to live in the Great State of Michigan. Have fun Curtis

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Hey Mark, hope I see you up there, it'll be fun riding with you again. By the way, what happened to Woodsy, figured he'd be all over this ride since he missed TF.

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'll be making a little stop just before Nuncia; I think it's Coopersville or something like that. To pick-up a subway sandwich for lunch. Rick I'll drop you a line when I get in the area. I like B31 because you don't have to deal with Muskegon. And I haul arss up that road.

Hey now.... It's only appropriate that you make the first *and* last ride of the year.

Last ride of the year NO WAY! Get some extra traction (kold kutters or for deep pockets some trellborgs) and some warm skibeys. I road all winter last year. Only when the snow was to deep did I stop heading out. 

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by rickshaw
i'll be watchin' the weather...good possiblity for ol rickshaw to get some saddle time!

Rick
A couple tips for a guy that rides as much as you:
1. Check air box for mice nests.
2. Check exhaust silencer for muddobber activity
3. Drain all fuel from tank and add fresh fuel
4. Tell you wife where you are going, shes not used to you being gone with out her.
5. Change oil, it probably has condensation in it from sitting for 7 months
6. Take lots of Ibprofin and a tube of ben gay along.
7. Practive putting on you knee guards at home so you remember which leg they go on.

Have fun Ricky!

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Man I really missed you guys this season.

I mean to get a comment from a guy about side saddle riding.....who has his hands full on a KDX....now that's funny.

And thanks FreddyT for sharing your pre-ride ritual.

Somehow I'll clear out the cobwebs and enjoy the moment.

sngltrk

Apr 23, 2002
I would like to join you guys, if that's O.K. I will be at the parking lot around 10:30. I'll be driving a gray Nissan pick-up with my CR in the back. Hope to see all of you there.

Scott

Top Bottom