Anybody using Mobil1 MX-2T in KDX's?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I think I've heard that this is good stuff. I've run Golden Spectro all summer and the bike runs good, absolutly no spooge and have never fouled a plug. I plan to rebuild the top end this winter and check the KIPS. I've heard from somewhere that Golden Spectro can gum up the power valves a little more that other oils and thought about switching to the Mobil1 MX-2T. after I use up all the Golden Spectro.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I use it. I switched over from Bel Ray H1R. I run it at 40:1 and have no complaints. It has one big advantage over many other two stroke oils - when you realize you are out of oil at seven o'clock on a saturday night you can hop down the the local Auto Zone and get a few bottles.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by Fred T
I've heard from somewhere that Golden Spectro can gum up the power valves a little more that other oils
And how! That is the dirtiest, gummiest oil that is currently available. I used it for a year, it will absolutely coat the powervalves with the stickiest, gummiest deposits this side of roof tar.

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I use it in my KX and love it. Was running it at 40:1 but am going to switch back to 32:1 after my little bottem rod bearing problem(cost me about $800 for the top and bottom). That's not to say it was the oils fault, just mine. It burns great, no major spooge and like BRush pointed out, it's easy to find. And if you're running 40:1, all you have to do is pour the pint in 5 gal. tank and you're good to go!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I use it at 32:1, switched over to it from Klotz SuperTechniplate and I noticed much crisper throttle response, powervalves look great also.

Top Bottom