dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Has anyone been out there lately or is the heat to bad. I just got my 6 year old a new bike and I'd like to take him to a nice Flat open area. We ride a bit in Phelan, but it's such a long drive. And he's not ready for the tracks on the new bike yet. He's moving up from a KTM Mini Adventure to a Poloni X3 Works bike. Big difference, so I need a flat soft place for him to get the feel of it. The things so fast and powerfull that it pulled my 240 pound lump around the yard. Just hope his clutch still has some life in it.

Anyhoo, if anyones been out there or knows of anything legal closer to H-76/I-15 SDCO, please let me know. I'm taking him out to ride on Friday.

Thanks ed

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
it's been smoke'n there lately, i havent been out there since the middle of may and it was hot then.
cant wait until october, perfect riding weather that time of year

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Thanks KXSteve, Looks like it's going to be hot at both O-Wells or Phelan. I guess it's a distance issue now. My son has a free pass for Amago (Planet-X), but he needs time on his new bike first. I'll be under the easy-up with a cool drink most of the day if all goes well.

Ed

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I don't know how much closer it is then Phelen for you but you could ride off the Pine Valley exit off hwy 8. There's a fire road called bear valley road that is green sticker legal and should be fairly easy enough to get the little one accustomed to his bike.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Tree, Thanks for the reply and sorry for getting back to the post so late. We ended up going to Amago (planet-X) they finished the PeeWee track and he was the old rider on it all day. Plus he had a rain-check form the last time we were up there. Overall fun day and they even watered the vet track when I asked. Main track was in pretty good shape with the exception of some hard areas. My oldest and I enjoyed the main track, but I just can't get over those doubles. It must just be in my head, but I clear the majority of the tables. Just can't do the double, well maybe one day.

Tree I was wondering if you ever sold Tree-Jr's KX100, I thought I recalled that you said he had a 100 when you got the Husky 125. Did you sell it? My oldest is on an XR100 and it's time we get him a new bike. He's 13 and big like me, but I just don't know if he's up to the power and size of a 125 yet.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask.

Have a good one all.

ed

Top Bottom