Anyone Bummed Out Because Dungy Messed Up?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Yes... I admit it. Didn't realize I was a Dungy fan until this weekend when he essentially lost any chance of the title in Indiana. Not that I don't like Roczen, Just really don't care if he wins or not, but bummed Dungy doesn't have a chance this weekend to pull off another championship.

AND Silly season. What is Kawasaki going to do without a rider in the speed class of RV?? Suzuki gets a champion, Honda has the next champion in my opinion, Yamaha has a CHANCE with Barcia if he's healthy. Kawi has.... Weimer. And maybe with 22, Dean Wilson who's been an injury magnet.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I like Dungey as well, I mean, how do you not like the guy? But I like the idea of a Rookie coming in and taking a title, which, by the way hasn't happened yet. The last decade has basically had 2 - 3 riders winning everything; RC, the RV and if not RV, Dungey. It's about time we got to enjoy some suspense! This has been one of the best seasons in YEARS, IMHO.

Isn't Milsaps going to Kawasaki? He'll likely do better than Wilson :)

And Chad? I couldn't stand the dude early in his career, but over time have gained a ton of respect for him. Still, he's probably pushing it going another season. Seems to me he's been out there this year because SOMEONE has to be on a TwoTwo bike.

Is Tomac staying on Honda? I thought was still up in the air. I'd say he's in RV's class as much as anyone else. It'll be interesting to see how strong RV comes back. No, I don't believe the "going to Europe" rumors. He could win 5 titles in a row .... NO ONE has ever done it. Why would he leave now?

Which Honda rider is the next champ? Are we talking about SX or MX? Tomac? Good kid and super competitive. Blazing speed that sometimes comes out of nowhere! He'll be 6 seconds down, then in the lead in half a lap! I've wondered if his transponder was hacked!

Canard can run Tomac's pace, but I'm just not sure he could take the entire season from him. I like both of them alot, of course I gotta go with Canard, he's my "homie" ... heck, my old granny can hear him practicing on his home track, lol. Gotta stick with the Okies and hey, he's a good humble, squared-away guy.

Roczen will be fast and in the hunt no matter the bike, will be interesting to see if he looks as comfortable on the yellow bike as he does on KTM. I really enjoy watching this guy ride, looks effortless. I think though Tomac is in his head, he'll need to get over that, if he's going to win another one.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
This was a great season. I am bummed Dungey had the mistakes early in the year but if you look at it I think he finished off the podium for an overall only twice so far this year! That means that in the entire series he was almost always on the podium.

Roczen has just been a tad better.

Right now you have to be perfect to win. You can't really have a 9th place at any point where in the past there could be a bad day and still win a championship. And by bad day I mean losing more than 20 points on a day.

Great season... very happy overall.

Ivan

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I don't think you can rule out Pike. Should he get a full ride he's definitely in the mix. Canard has his ducks lined up, if he stays healthy he will be on the podium in SX and MX.
Dungy has just a bit too much Richie Cunningham in him, if the Fonz worked him over in the off season he would be an animal on any bike.

Top Bottom