Anyone else get tired of changing their tires???

dodgedogjb

Jul 25, 2001
Anyone else get tired of changing their tires when they ride the dunes and then the trails??? It only takes me about an hour and a half start to finish but damn I get so sick of it. I wanted to get another back rim but they are so damn expensive....

Just wanted to vent....

Joel

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Maybe you should have thrown this one in the flame board, im sure there are lots of people who feel your pain :scream:
Personally, Id rather just take the rim into the local shop and pay the 10 bucks. :)

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I saw a guy do it in about 4 or 5 minutes. That was just taking off the old tire and putting on the new one. I imagine he could do it faster. I was mighty impressed. Takes me thirty minutes minimum (that is on a good day.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Do you change your tire on the ground like I do, on some plywood, pain in the butt, I hate it too.
They have these new tubular tire changing stands out now, under $100 I think. You have the ability to lock down the tire to keep it from moving, leverage, and no componets like sprockets or disc will be harmed. I also think that you can have it stand up higher off the ground. You may want to look into it, definately alot cheaper than a complete wheel, Motosport outlet has complete wheels I beleive at $450 +.....
Just some info...

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
I feel your pain, and so do my knuckles from being thrown mercilessly into the rotor.........from now on I take em to the shop, actually I'm not a big fan of the dunes anymore, since I bought the bike from a guy who lived by the beach, when I got the bike all the spokes were tanish brown from corrosion and nothing really shined on it, after alot of elbow grease and some replaced parts I've got the YZ looking good and I'm not going to let the dunes ruin what I worked hard to restore,
Just my .02

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
No it dosent bouther me :confused:. My dad can do it in about 15min's in all. Hey I got a spare rim 18' (rear rim) kicken it in my basement, It's set up for a drum break thoe cuz thats what my bike has. I could sell it to ya ;).

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by zcookie49
They have these new tubular tire changing stands out now, under $100 I think.

i have one. they work like a charm. i actually enjoy changing tires now. yes, the dunes will ruin the shine on your bike but it's the best riding so it's worth it.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
As kid rock ask in Joe Dirt "How about a Wahburger and some french cries". Seriously how lazy are people getting. I guess this is why we are starting to see more electric start bikes "wah I am just so tired of starting my bike" Of couse I am just giving everybody a hard time. Tire changing is not fun but is is really that bad?

Top Bottom