Anyone else had trouble with motosport outlet?

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
So back in October I ordered some parts off motosport like I had many times before. This time I ordered $260 in parts. They were running a promotion saying if i ordered over $250 in parts i would get a free TWMX subscriction, so I picked up a few more levers. So i check out, it says I get free shipping, free TWMX, all that stuff.My stuff comes, but it's only half the order, the levers aren't in there. No worries, it says they're backordered, two months later they finally come. That's not the point, but at this point it's been about 10 weeks since i placed my order so i'm wondering where my magazine is. I e-mail them, they send me a reply saying that they were no longer running that promotion and I wouldn't be getting a magazine. I right back saying i don't really care if they aren't or weren't running it, it was still advertised on their website and it was the whole reason I ordered from them and didn't go to my dealer, where I might add the guys are pretty dumb, but it only takes them 30 seconds to grab a lever off the shelf, so while they may not have had the promotion i would hope they would honor what was advertised, or atleast give me a price break on my order and I'll buy it myself. I don't get any response. that was about two weeks ago. So today I call them, and explain my situation saying that im sure that they were no longer running the promotino, but that point is it was still advertised and that it should be honored or they're just liars. They hung up on me. The subscription is just $20 but still it's the principle that they cheated and lied their way into my wallet that makes me feel so PO'd.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
I have always had good luck with motosport, I did the same promotion you are talking about and everything went fine but it had to be about 1.5 Years ago since I did it and I asked them on the phone at the time I ordered about the subscription and when I would get my first issue. At that time they were still running the promotion so everything went smooth. I would be surprised if they were still running that same promotion after all this time, but I hear what your saying, if they are still advertising it on the website then they should honor it, if they dont want to give free subsriptions then they need to remove it from the site. Maybe you should call and ask to speak with a manager as soon as someone answers. I would give them a couple of options ask them to credit you $20 or just get you the subscription, if not maybe you can get a $20 store credit.

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
Only had one small problem with them, they held my order for 5 days before shipping. I thought maybe something was backordered but no they just didn't get around to it. I ordered stuff from RM same day and received it. When I informed Motosport they said it was shipping time, but the fact is that they didn't ship it until 2 days after I recieved my RM order. They didn't see a problem with the situation so I have not ordered anything else from them. Same deal not that big of an issue just the principle is that they didn't seem to care about the situation. In my opinion that is poor customer service.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
They have always been perfect for me...doesn't mean they shouldn't honor their promotions. Good Luck!

tn_tuxedo

Oct 9, 2004
Don't feel bad. I never did get the leather Marlboro jacket I ordered back in '94. I went around ripping miles off people's cig packs for 6 months for that! :pissed:
I've never had a problem with them.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
90% of my gear came from MotosportOutlet.

I've never had a problem with them.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
crashnburn said:
Only had one small problem with them, they held my order for 5 days before shipping. I thought maybe something was backordered but no they just didn't get around to it. I ordered stuff from RM same day and received it. When I informed Motosport they said it was shipping time, but the fact is that they didn't ship it until 2 days after I recieved my RM order. They didn't see a problem with the situation so I have not ordered anything else from them. Same deal not that big of an issue just the principle is that they didn't seem to care about the situation. In my opinion that is poor customer service.

Yea, I'm sponsored by renthal off sponsorhouse, so I went to order parts one day and it said it would be 10 day delivery on the cheapest shipping rate and $75 to overnight it, so I asked my dealer what their costs were, and they were double what I could get them for my sponsorship was, so i went to motosport and ordered off them and got it overnighted as I was going out-of -state for a race and needed parts quick. They didn't even ship them out for four days.I was back in town from the race for a two days before I even got the parts. They're pretty cheap, but their customer service is the pits.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Ordered some stuff at Christmas. They ran out and as it started to look like there was going to be a problem, they sent out an e-mail letting me know and giving me an extra 20% off of the order. That was a great deal since the stuff was already on sale. Sure, it would've been better to have the stuff before Christmas, but it wasn't critical to my gifting plans. I mean I did wait until December to order some popular items. Now Haley is just going to get a new set of gear for her birthday instead.

Anyway, I've never had a problem with them.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Never a problem. They are great for close-out stuff... specifically gear.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
no problems here. I recently returned an item to them because I didn't like it. I was expecting to not see it refunded back to my credit card and figured I would have to call them. I checked my account and was suprised to see that the charge was promptly refunded.

Sorry about your problem though; I've had a situation similar to yours happen before, just the principle.

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
I had ordered gear from them on a couple of occasions with no problem. The last order I placed with them they refused to ship the order because my billing address is different than my shipping address.
My shipping address has always been different than my billing address. My CC is approved for shipping to my shipping address. The girl I was speaking to was rather rude about the whole deal and said that my other orders should have never been shipped. It is fine with me if they do not want my business.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
I use them a lot. Most recently, I ordered a fresh helmet, cell knee braces etc. Qualified me for 2 day express shipping - that was on a Monday. Thursday I called, hoping to have before the weekend - I got a story that it takes several days for a credit card to clear - I would have preffered the truth - we're swamped and haven't gotten to it yet. Yes, I will probably still use them in the future, but that was strike 2. The 1st strike was a back orderd sprocket, after 2 mos I checked on it and they were swaping them out for another brand - a call or email before 2 mos would have been nice. After strike 3 I'm on to the next outfit.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
I was sponsored by motoworldracing.com so I was relieved to not have to use them. My first order with them was some of the that no fear rogue gear about a month ago, they e-mailed me and said it was backordered, so i wrote them for what colors they had in for both jersey and pants in the same sizes. I had that swapped out and then a week later I called to see what was up and they told me it was on order. Then a few days ago I got the stuff and it was the same color jersey they had said was backordered with the right color pants. They hadn't switched it out and now I have mismatched gear, I can reutrn it and have the right stuff in 3 weeks, great. Then I ordered one of there troy lee se helmets and they tell me that has to be ordered, I just canceled it and payed a hundred bucks more at my dealer so I could ride now, not next month. motosport may have been pricks to me but atleast they weren't that bad.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
By the way, a few days after I complained that I hadn't got the subscription I saw that they had the promotion up again. I got my first magazine a few days after I got my order and then another mag a week later. I'm happy.

defy

Feb 7, 2006
when i get my 05 cr125, i'm ordering this from them:

FMF FATTY PIPE & POWERCORE 2 COMBO $319.95 $319.95
FMF FATTY PIPE; FMF POWERCORE II SHORTY
19" RED REAR PRO WHEEL RIM $74.95 $74.95
21" RED FRONT PRO WHEEL RIM $79.95 $79.95
BRIDGESTONE M201 FRONT TIRE 90/100-21 $56.95 $56.95
BRIDGESTONE M202 REAR TIRE 100/100-18 $54.95 $54.95
SPY ALLOY MX SIGNATURE PATRIOT $67.45 $67.45
HJC CLX5 N8DAWG LG RED $169.95 $169.95
RENTHAL DUAL COMPOUND GRIPS $14.95 $14.95
FULL WAFFLE, GREY

should i trust them with all of that, or order from somebody else (i heard somebody mention RM, never heard of em?)

thanks.

RMCoastie

~SPONSOR~
Oct 25, 2005
My buddy ordered a rear tire and they called and said "we dont know if the tire was mailed with the order." A few days later a happy meal size Fed Ex box came with a calender, magazine, sticker and a no-toil dvd. I've had some bad orders from them and If I go over 200 dollars they ship it to me billing address instead of my shipping address and we go into the pissing match. Rocky Mountain is pretty good and they have free shipping right now so I will be with them until my Team VRM sponsorship account gets online.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
It seems all the mail-order outfits have their hick-ups, in most cases I would prefer using my dealership, even though motoworld is offering me a pretty nice discount, they have lost my business.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
Riders

I've been ordering almost everything from motosport for years, and cant think of one problem ever. The site is easy to use, lets you know if items are in stock and the shipping has always been fast, almost everything has been in stock, and returns have been hassle free. Phone support has been excellent every time, packaging is perfect, nothing ever got damaged in shipping,maybe I just lucked out but I will definitely keep using them. The do sponsor a race team, which also earns them my business, I like to support shops who support riders. :cool:

ruffrydaz127

Feb 20, 2006
i ordered $140 of stuff from them, on their site it said i qualify for free 2 day shipping, i ordered it friday, i check the tracking number yesterday(it wouldnt work b4 that) and it says its suspected to arive this saturday. so some how 2 days turned into 8 days.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
ruffrydaz127 said:
i ordered $140 of stuff from them, on their site it said i qualify for free 2 day shipping, i ordered it friday, i check the tracking number yesterday(it wouldnt work b4 that) and it says its suspected to arive this saturday. so some how 2 days turned into 8 days.

You get two day shipping, but they don't ship it for a week.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Did you order any oils or chemicals? If you order any of that type stuff they will only ship standard ground, the two day air shipping doesnt apply to those items. Just a possiblity.

ruffrydaz127

Feb 20, 2006
according to the tracking number the package was shipped on the 27 th and should arrive the first (today). yes you are right, i ordered air filter oil.

Top Bottom