sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
the day was coming to an end at Durhamtown Plantation Saturday and I figuered I'd hit mx5 track one more time, usually I just roll most everything but the tabletops, well this time I figuered I'd hit the last big doulble with a kicker lip on it with some speed...well I hit the face of the 2nd hump hard and everything bottomed out and seemed to clank and twist 90 degrees (my body had some cracking sound as well)

I was able to hold on during the rebound and the near swaping of ends so I headed back to grab a beer and load up the trailer...
Sunday I took the bikes (kdx and wr250f) down to the car wash and started to rinse the crud off and noticed the right fork boot had gotten pushed over itself and down 2 1/2-3 inches over the lower fork leg (the big part) and stayed there

anyone ever punished there kdx to that piont?

it punished me back my shoulders are really tight and sore

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
once i did exactly 1/2 of a front flip and just as i landed on my face and my body was bent backwards like a recurve bow as far as i consider it possibly could......along comes the bike tumbling past me, and grabs my legs still in the air and tries to turn me into a compound bow. i thought for sure my back was going to break. much to my surprise it wasnt even sore afterwards it was the STRETCHED stomach muscles that were killing me afterwards...oh and my neck didnt feel so good either.

a bunch of folks came running to help if possible, one guy picked up my bike and they asked if they should call ambulace, i just asked em to start my bike so i could ride back to my truck and get the sand out of my mouth , nose and ears :ride: it was PACKED in my nose :)

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Yes, much more, and much more often. Coming down from a jump is no longer a scary situation, so I've gotten into the habit of pinning it for the jumps instead of rolling them. I have yet to bottom out the yz forks. There's a table top down at Brushy, I never would have attempted to clear it with the old forks. Now I try to clear it every time, and don't panic if I come up a bit short.

Top Bottom