Bentbars2

Mar 31, 2002
Planning on a trip north this spring. Anyone ever ride Algonquin forest. What's it like (terrain), any single track, accomadations, bike requirements? Any other places closer to N.Y. you'd recomend for rocky single track in Canada?
Any info I can get would be great, thanx
Lou

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Are you sure your allowed to ride there? When i was up there 5 years ago you couldnt even use a motorized boat in the park. If you are allowed to ride it would be awsome! The place is beautiful!

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Bentbars2 said:
Planning on a trip north this spring. Anyone ever ride Algonquin forest. What's it like (terrain), any single track, accomadations, bike requirements? Any other places closer to N.Y. you'd recomend for rocky single track in Canada?
Any info I can get would be great, thanx
Lou

Check out: http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm#penalty
Its 11,000 acres of legal riding about 1 hour west of Torotno.
If you want more info on the place just let me know.
peer.lovell@sympatico.ca

Bentbars2

Mar 31, 2002
Yeah I was wrong on where we are going, you guys got it right. Thanks for the info.
What kind of single track can we expect to find, terrain wise.( tight trees, rocky, mud, sand, etc..)

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Everything you could imagine. Rocky hill climbs, tight woods stuff, sandy hill climbs, sandy mx track, open trails. Not much mud usually.
Easy to get lost. Takes 3 days to do the whole thing.
If you are ever thinking of going let me know.
peer.lovell@sympatico.ca

Thrasher

Feb 19, 2004
The problem with the ganaraska forest is there's to many rules and places where you can't ride eg. horse trails, hiking trails ect. you also have to buy a $20 day pass to ride. I also find thats there's a lot of traffic there but I've only been there twice. There's a much better place to ride in the area and that's the northumberland forest which is just north of Coburg. It's very similar to ganaraska, a little less sand, much less traffic, no fee, and you can ride any trails you want with out any hassel

Bentbars2

Mar 31, 2002
The Ganny is a great place to ride. Nicest single track I ever rode. Smooth, groomed dirt, surounded by trees. No mosquitoes or black flies either.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom