Anyone ever ride at Durhamtown Sportsman's Resort?

A930Turbo

Dec 27, 2002
Has anyone ever ride at Durhamtown Sportsman's Resort?

I know they have more than biking going on, but I talked to a guy yesterday who said it was a great place to ride. It's on my list to go, as is TNT, just another hour west in Union Point, GA I think.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Turbo,
Here’s a link to Durhamtown in case you didn’t have it. Link. I went with some buds last year to a Hare Scramble, I didn’t race but did pit duties. Unfortunately it was a mudfest for the race. They did say that the trails would have been awesome had it not rained for 3-4 days prior to the race. It’s also on my list for places to ride soon.

Do you know if the trails at Francis Marion were groomed after last weekend’s enduro? If so, we may head that way Sunday. Was thinking about going to TNT, but the trails may be slick after the rain/snow this week.

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
I've ridden there a few times. Great mixture of trail styles from wide to super tight.

I think they have somewhere around 50 miles of trails, an MX track in the works and a kids track.

They just started their own harescramble series a week or so ago and had about 50 folks running.

You won't be dissappointed if you do go. I have yet to hit every trail there.

A930Turbo

Dec 27, 2002
bscottr,

I went to the Wambah enduro last weekend to take the kids to watch. I didn't get around enough to see if the trails were groomed or not. I know they weren't as of last weekend. I'm going to Wambah this weekend to ride. I'll be driving a White with gold accent Ford SuperCrew and riding a TTR-250. Look me up if you go. Since I just started riding recently, you'll have no problem catching up to me. :)

SpokerAce

Thanks for the advice. I've heard it's pretty good and look forward to going there. I'm ready for more than the sand at Wambah.

Regards,
Jim

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by A930Turbo
Look me up if you go. Since I just started riding recently, you'll have no problem catching up to me. :)

Jim,
LOL...I returned to riding 'bout a year and a half ago. One of the first places I went was Francis Marion. I was bouncing off trees like a ping pong ball. :)

We were down there a couple of months ago. I remember a couple of guys riding together, one maybe two TTRs, and it seems like they were in a SuperCrew. I helped one fellow straighten his forks/front tire after a tree jumped out in front of him. :eek: You know any of these folks?

A930Turbo

Dec 27, 2002
No, I sure don't. I know several people who ride, but have yet to see them out there. I've always met new folks though every time we go there. Seems it's a very friendly sport compared to tracking a car, "where my car is faster/cost more than your car" attitude prevails.

Jim

A930Turbo

Dec 27, 2002
bscottr,

Well the kids and I rode 20 miles at Wambah and the trails are definately not groomed as they said they would be or I was hoping. In fact, they're in worse shape than two weekends ago.

Looks like I need to make a trip to TNT or Durham Motorsports Resort and try some riding with no trees for once.

Jim

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Jim,
I was afraid of that. Gomer told me that the club's Bobcat was stolen just before last week's race. Hopefully they'll groom them soon.

We went to Manchester today and had a great ride. They just finished with grooming the trails for the first time in close to a year. Lot of fun. You may want to try it sometime.

YZ450Rider

Spammer
Feb 14, 2003
I've been to DP many times. It's one of the most amazing resorts anywhere. They now are having Hare Scrambles on the 3rd Sunday of every month in 2003. Bike giveaways, lots of freebies. Camping, cabins, fishing, hunting, restaurant, lodge. Now they have atv AND dirtbike rentals too.

People travel from all over the east coast (even from Canada) to ride there.

http://www.durhamtown.com

rhype

Feb 24, 2003
Great place. Went their last Wednesday on my new TTR-250. I'm now an expert on crashing. I want to see how fast some of the experienced riders go through those tight trails. On my last run a tree branch across the nose gave me something to explain to friends and coworkers the next day.

PhilG

Aug 18, 2002
I go to DP quite a bit, it's some of the best trail riding in Georgia, when it's not too wet! The red and blue trails are one-way, bike only, and the green trails are for bikes and quads (also one-way). It'll take you a good 2-3 hours to run the red/blue trail system, which is about 80% tight woods and some hills. It's $25 a day to ride (for adults, less for kids) and if you go to the Durhamtown web site and find the tiny "coupon" link under Dirt Bikes, you can print-off a $5 discount.

Top Bottom