Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Was wondering if anyone has ridden in Wolverine, MI. I hear that it is a great place. Thinking of going sometime in may. thanks...

84XRGuy

Mar 7, 2001
Has anybody ridden Porterfield Lake or Bass Lake??? I'm looking for single track and I was wondering if either of these areas would be good for that?

cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
WOLVERINE

Wolverine...I'd like to say it sucks so no one else would go and I could have it all to myself. I spent a long weekend there and Wolverine stands out as the best trail riding of the entire year. To put that into perspective in 2001 I rode in Colorado (everyplace I could find within ~100 miles of Aspen/snowmass), Missouri (chadwick and St. Joe), Indiana (badlands), Illinois (hare scrambles and buffalo range) and Michigan ( evart, lincoln hills, kalkaska, tin cup and the list goes on). The weekend I spent at wolverine it rained a little every night with daytime temps in the mid seventies and sunny. Traction was perfect with arcing broadslides and magazine cover berm shots. On a scale of 1 to 10 wolverine is a :aj: :confused: :aj: Yea, I liked it !

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Thanks! I am going up there the first weekend in May, anyone interested let me know, thanks a lot cycleboy.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Asrith, a group of us are headed to the CCC event in Baldwin (Rites of Spring) that weekend. However, I will be making at least one trip to Wolverine this year.
Mike

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Mike, when are you planning on going to Wolverine? I've never been and would like to make a weekend out of it.

Is this a potential site for the MTR Spodefest III???

Rickshaw

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Asrith:The CCC is having a club ride there(Tomahawk chapter) on june 29 & 30. come play @ the rites of spring with us! hey if you'd like to get a little practies in you could drag bikes down and we could have a little practies @ my pit? give me a chance to check out the 96 also.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Rick,
A Trailfest in Wolverine would add at least an hour to the drive. I would prefer to keep the trailfests more centrally located.
Wolverine is well worth the trip. I do not think I am free the last weekend of June (CCC event). We can discuss a trip to Wolverine on Saturday while in Leota.

Mike

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
70Marlin, I sold the 96, within 2 weeks. I am on the 98, and think that I am going to make Wolverine during the rites of Spring, also will advise once I have been there. I am for keeping the trailfest more centrally located thou.
I also would like to make it out to your pit at sometime. Thanks, lets just keep going here, as I suspect as we all ride more very soon this Eastern Chapter of Michigan Riders bulletain will explode soon...

Tnx.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Asrith: it could be on the fly! as you could say. got to work OT on saturday till 3pm as far as I know sunday is open.

Top Bottom