Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
fathersndson, see my post under "Where in Michigan".
The ride in Leota was fun -- you'll be hitting it at a great time next weekend! A little rain won't hurt anything there (there are quite a few sandy areas!).

------------------
Magoo
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Permanent!

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
Sounds like a good start to a great year of riding.I chopped off the throttle stop on the wr tonight,and put in a couple hours riding around home late sunday.Look forward to meeting everyone this Friday. see you on the trail. Jim

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr426
chrome don't get you home

orion163

Mar 12, 2001
Magoo, I live in Ishpeming, (15 miles west of Marquette)
where in the marquette area you ride?

[This message has been edited by orion163 (edited 04-08-2001).]

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by rickshaw:

Have fun on your ride, we'll be at Geels on the 14th.

You may want to wait another 3 weeks for Geels. We went there today on our Michigan Friday ride and it was unridable so we went to Leota and ran into quite a bit of slippery snow and ice covered trail in the deeper woods spots. Roscommon was way worse. Leota will be great in another week or two depending on this warmer weather.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Magoo, thanks for the advice on Leota. We pulled into the parking lot at the Geels loops and there was WAY TOO MUCH SNOW.
Based on your post, went south to Leota and had a mixed ride (snow/ice in the morning). In the afternoon we went on the loop that you suggested and had an enjoyable ride.
I talked to Ken C. last week. He took first place in his class at the Alligator and I had to congratulate him.

------------------

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
Fred T and Fatherandson are right we had a good ride.Most of all it was better than working.I would welcome both of these guy on another one of are rides anytime.Lets start thinking where we will go next time.Any ideas?

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr426
chrome don't get you home

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
JR - I know you have some conflicts the next couple of weeks. I can not ride every weekend either.
To all Michigan trail riders -
Here are a couple of ideas....CCC ride in Baldwin (May 5 - Saturday). We will probably go up on Friday and ride at Caberfae.
My second idea is a trip to Jack Pine Lodge (in Moorestown - see if you find it on a map) to ride CCC trail between the Higgins Lake loop and Walton.
Please let me know your ideas and plans.

------------------

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Either one is fine with me. (The place with the ground closest to my feet would be best :) ) Do you need a plate to ride them? I only have the ORV sticker.

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred, a plate is not necessary for the Baldwin ride. In Moorestown, we can trailer the bikes rather than ride the roads to the trails. More to follow after the Easter weekend.

------------------

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Sounds like you guys had a good time on your last trip. I wish the mecnanical gremlins would have allowed me to go. Let me know about your next ride.

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
bwalker, we will make a new post in a couple of weeks. I hope you enjoyed the SX at Pontiac. I watched it on TV on Sunday. For a short guy on a green KAWA........ Carmichael is fast!!!!
Sorry Fred.

------------------

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
hey you guys i started working on the 300 first thing saturday morning, i've got to get it fixed to keep up to mike! knees a little sore, otherwise i'm ready for this weekend. it looks like bad weather all week so i should have a free weekend! fridays an official holiday in our company, so i might sneak back up north for a day. with a week of rain and sixty degree weather alot of snow might melt in st.helens and we might have some riding there if not it will be gladwin for some mud on the north loop, i'd rather t.c. into mud anyways, it's softer! thanks for the good company, we'll do it again!

------------------
95 MXC 300
96 RXC 400
Distrct 14,MCCC,AMA

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Have any of you guys rode at Bull Gap or Black Mountain. A few of my friends with quads are going to one or the other and I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to tag along

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by fatherandson:
For a short guy on a green KAWA........ Carmichael is fast!!!!
Sorry Fred.

:) Must be a Green thing! I noticed Ricky can touch the ground better than me. Looks like he hits it harder when he falls too.

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
bwalker, bull gap has some decent trails worth riding, the hill itself is pretty boring and hard on bikes, soft,deep sand have'nt been there in a year but it had some spots for some decent downhill jumps if your the only ones there, have never been to black mountain i'm not sure the hill is even open anymore you might want to check

------------------
95 MXC 300
96 RXC 400
Distrct 14,MCCC,AMA

Top Bottom