WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
anyone ready for a trailride, i've had the bike out twice and am ready for a ride, thinking first of april, won't have the new bike by then, but i'll ride one of the katooms, i'm rrrrreadyyyyy!!!!!!

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Yeah, I'm ready for a ride! Was gonna go to the Byron,IL race, but looks like its been rescheduled.
Since I've got a pass for the April 1 weekend, would you post trail conditions in your area towards the end of March? It'd be great to be able to go riding April 1! Maybe the Kalkaska area will be OK by then?

------------------
Magoo
Fear is Temporary, Regret is Permanent!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I'm ready also!!! My dad and I were suffering from PMS = Parked Motorcyle Syndrome. We went to Bike Week in Daytona for the first time and were cured!!

The Kalkaska area at the end of March (beginning of April) sounds good to me. However, my relatives in that area still had a lot of snow on the ground last weekend.

Walkman, since you live in the area please keep us updated on the condition of the trails.

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
walkman what are you doing planing a ride without me? Hey the new wr is going to be ready for pickup the 2nd week of April.Maybe you should go riding one more time with out me.Make notes on how it feels to lead because it will be the last time you get the chance.

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr 426 on the way
chrome don't get you home

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
KXKEN,

The trail system starts north of Clare for the central part of the state and north of Muskegon for the west side. Sorry, no trails in the SW.

Walkman and jrccc,

Do you guys ride the CCC trail tours? I am planning to attend the Whiskey Creek ride the first weekend in May, but I am looking for a trail ride in April. Maybe we can hookup?

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Walkman, we are eager to get up to West Branch on April 13th for a ride. What are the conditions like this week??? Has the snow melted in the woods??

Thanks,
rickshaw

------------------
Rickshaw Racing
01' KTM 400EXC on order
87' Yamaha TW200
86' Honda Reflex

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
still snow as far south as gladwin, not enough to ride sleds, but enough for rough riding, it's melting fast and as long as we don't get a bunch this week and get rain instead we should be okay for the first of april!

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Went to Cedar Creek ORV trail (north of Muskegon) yesterday. Still had snow/ice/deep water on the trails if you were in the pines, but pretty much clear trail if you got into open. Some places even had 4-6 inches of snow.
May take some time for it to clear up, the pines are pretty thick and not much sun was getting thru.

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"
my photos

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
let's mark the 13th, how does the geel's system near st. helen sound? i've ridden the north loop and it is a good one, they've now got a connector to the south loop so it would be a good ride!

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I would like to hook up with you guys and go on a trail ride. I am located nw of Flint.
Magoo, where in the UP do you live. I lived in Marquette untill last this year.
Jeff, Let me know next time you ride.btw did you Jet your bike yet?

------------------
Ben Walker
00 cr 250
BRC,AMA,NRA Member

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
Hey Walkman! guess what is in the garage as I'am sending this? That's right the wr426 is here and it's all mine.I think the 13th is ok with me.Look forward to meeting some new riding friends.Walkman save me a seat in the jeep for the 13th.

------------------
87 YZ 490
2001 wr 426 on the way
chrome don't get you home

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Ben,
I let you know when we head out next, might be heading down to Logroad MX in Coldwater sometime soon.
When are you planning on going to Silverlake?

The bike is running great now, new top end (wich it needed badly) and some Boyesen Carbon Fiber reeds really help and no spooge at this time.

------------------
Jeff
99 RM 125 "Mr Scary"
72 TS 185 "Mr Ugly"
my photos

[This message has been edited by Jeff Allen (edited 03-22-2001).]

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Walkman, thanks for the reply. My backmarker buddy on his RMX and I look forward to seeing you guys on the 13th. We've never ridden that trail and it sounds great! Are you a ktmer?

Fatherandson, unfortunately there are no riding spots in Howell. Too much new growth has closed down some really good spots. Check the foxracing.com site for trail rides and someone lists a legal ride spot off MLK in Holt.

I plan on being at the trail head on the 13th around 10am. Picking up my 01' 400EXC at lunch time today and plan on some easy dirt road riding for the initial break in.

Can't wait until the 13th!!!

Richard Shaw

------------------
Rickshaw Racing
01' KTM 400EXC
87' Yamaha TW200
86' Honda Reflex

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
rickshaw, I really was not expecting favorable news about riding areas in the Howell area. Sometimes you get lucky and find someone with acreage and they are dirt bike friendly.

Thanks for the reference to county park in Lansing. I am going to check it Saturday afternoon and report back. :)

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
o.k. everyone due to some conflicts of interest (gambling or wifes) we are moving our date ahead to the sixth thats one day ahead of the supercross, or maybe sunday the day after the supercross,this could be dangerous though, i am able to stick to the origonal plan, but there are some good guys that will not be able to go on the 13th because of some authority problems l.o.l. so talk it over and decide, if we go the first weekend we will move to the gladwin loop, i know, i know, lots of whoops but we rode the north loop very late last year and it was a beautiful ride, just make sure your waterproof and it will be a blast, lots of laughs!!! yes it's ktm all the way, i won't have the 300's winter rebuild done in time so i'll have to ride the rxc, heavy and not as snappy but still a fun ride!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hi you guys. Maybe I can hook up with you for a trail ride some time? I'm an ex dist 14 200 A rider from the late 70-early 80's and I just got a new KDX 220. Age 46. I'm looking to get into shape and do some trail riding. Lemme know.

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
Fred T where are you from? everyone is welcome to ride with us.Aleast 3 of us will be on brand new yamaha.A few still feel that they must ride KTM's.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by jrccc20967:
Fred T where are you from? everyone is welcome to ride with us.Aleast 3 of us will be on brand new yamaha.A few still feel that they must ride KTM's.

Hi
I live in Bay City, I'm just off exit 162A on Northbound I-75 headed morth. It's where you can trun west to go to midland or head up to Clare. I pick up my new bike Monday night, and I need to fart around on it for a bit to get used to riding it and tighten everything up. Don't want to blow a spoke through a tube on my first ride. I would be thrilled to find a group that rides and mett them on occasion. I remember we used to get a gang together in the fall and we called it the "trail tour" when the leaves were turning. We would start out in Westbranch and ride as far as Kalkaska or luzurne and stay in a motel and then ride back the next day. That was an awesome ride, can't do that right now but I can get in shape to in a month or two maybe. I'm fat and need to lose weight and this bike is going to work it off me. e-mail me when you head out for rides and we can connect. Thanks ofr the offer, I appreciate it.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
walkman, the 6th works better for me.

rickshaw, the park in Lansing is set up for mountain bikes (not dirt bikes). A sign as you drive in states "no motorized vehicles on the trails". :(

Fred T, I also rode the Dist. 14 enduros in the early 80's. I raced for the first time in 10 years at the 2000 National in Wolverine. Randt convinced me I would see the best trail, but I had to give him $40 (it was well spent - a great ride!!)

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
the sixth it is then, we will make this final rain or shine, if we get new snow it will be alright gladwin is all sand! fred t you should join us! all of my friends and i still have our winter fat on, we will not be taking things to seriously, just a nice happy trailride, my brother in law just bought his first bike ,since his 79 yz400,he bought an xr400, so there will be lots of new bikes and riders with alot of us out of shape, hopefully alot of time on the sleds will help my arm pump this year, i got it bad at gladwin for the first ride last year!! oh how i hate arm pump! looking forward to meeting everyone!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I will be in touch, thats a Friday right? Thanks! I'll get my bike on 3-26 and that will give me 2 weeks to get my act together. I need to tweak a few things of course and they say I need to tear it down and grease it up. I'll hit the treadmill and weights so you guys don't fall asleep wiating for me if I can come. Thanks, I'll stay in touch. Hey I just realized Jeff Fredette is only 3 years younger than me and I'll bet he can still smoke it through the trees. :) I'm going to the supercross on Sat and I have a motor home rented to go to Redbud 125/250 nationals the last weekend in June. I went lastyear and it was a blast.

[This message has been edited by Fred T (edited 03-25-2001).]

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
fred, we will also be going to the silverdome and red bud, have been to red bud the last two years and as a fan there is no better race in mi.,have been to the natinal enduro in mi. and the ironman gncc in indiana and they are also very interesting, it makes you feel slow in the woods after watching the pros come thru, we mostly trail ride although i'll hit a couple hare scrambles, the non moto ones! we take one week trip a year with as many guys as possible and have a good time (the more the merrier) spent a week on drummond and the u.p. with 9 guys a couple of years back, that is an interseting place to ride, rocks and water! it was a riot coming back from marblehead and climbing the rock cliff, only two causulties, i lived in bay city a couple of years, southeast side on broad street, its a nice town good access to the north!! if you like to ride you'll get lots of chances, i ride alot and hate riding alone, have to be to carefull! welcome back!

Top Bottom