Anyone have a 2004 CR250 woods bike?

canuckjgc

Nov 8, 2007
I know the 2004 CR250 is not the ideal woods bike but I can get a really super deal on one. I can re-gear and add a FWW, but I'd like to know if anyone is already running a 2004 CR250 in the woods, and if so, your thoughts? Honda quality is decent and this bike is in new condition...

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I do. I put a 10 oz flywheel weight on it and I'm running stock gearing. When I initially bought it I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and it was too short IMO. This is only my 2nd woods bike so I don't have much to compare it to. I started riding enduro's this year and am having a blast with it. I'm going to have my suspension revalved over winter to tame it over the roots, rocks, and stuff. A couple weeks ago we rode a very rocky trail and I was following a friend on a KTM 200 and there were corners where my bike was skittering across the rocks that his bike just tracked straight through. Overall though I've been happy with it. I bought mine as a left over brand new '04 in the spring of 06 and got it for $4,200 OTD.

canuckjgc

Nov 8, 2007
Thanks very much! So no quality issues? Are you satisfied with the distance you can ride on a tank -- some comments that this bike drinks gas.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
Actually, that has been an issue. I put a 3.1 gallon tank on it right away. I ran out of gas at 38 miles in one of my enduro's this year on that 3.1 gallon tank. Other than that no quality issues. I have 110 hours on mine and it's mostly been regular maintenance. The highest maintenance item is the bearing at the bottom of the shock. It needs to be greased about every 20 hours. I let it go to 50 hours the first time and I had to replace it. Greased it at 25 hours the next time and it was due. So now I get to it every 20. You can get to that bearing without disassembling anything else. I grease all the other bearings at 50 hours.

Top Bottom