Choppa'

Jan 18, 2005
Ok, i really want a 2002 or higher yz 125, but doesnt look like ill have the dough. One of my friends is selling his 99 yz 250 for only $1000. I would rather get a 125 since ive never ridden any mx style bikes but i can make payments on this one since he is my friend. My main concern is that im not sure if the bike can keep up with the newer bikes. I definatly plan on doing some beginner motox for sure and maybe some cross country. Does any one know if this bike will keep up with the newer bikes?? I know every year, they constintly change things about bikes so im kinda afraid i may be left in the dust not just because of my skill, but of my bike. All help is appriciated. Thanks

Ps
Age- 17 height- 5'9 weight- 225 experience- ALOT on 4 wheelers

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
buy the 250 hands down for that price, if you have experience with 4 wheelers then you should be able to grasp the concept of not over doing it on the 250. If you dont want to buy it I will :cool:

For that price its worth a try....

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
blanc said:
Yeah id jump at it....the bike is blue right????????? Not Yellow or white????

Yellow? man that's an old bike

Choppa'

Jan 18, 2005
yep, its blue. Nice condition too. Ok, i pretty much have my mind made up on gettin it, but does anyone know if it will keep up with most of the newer bikes?well, in beginer class)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Not sure about that Combat Wombat whatevertheheck, but a '99 YZ250 will run with just about any new bike in any class. And like Slick said, for $1000, you can't go wrong. Buy it and let it rip. YZ165

P.S. My very first "new" bike was a '99 YZ250. I loved that bike. Great power delivery and good suspension.

Top Bottom