Anyone have FMF silencers on their 2-stroke???

Redrider

Nov 2, 1999
I have a FMF Gnarly pipe and FMF short silencer on my 99 cr 250. It seems no louder than stock. It gives the bike more torque down low but takes away some of the top. Ive had good luck with FMF in the past. I wouldnt hesitate to go with FMF again.
Redrider.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
If you are looking at making your bike quieter, the FMF Q serie has some very good reviews in the product reviews forum.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I've been using FMF stuff on my bike, non probs w/their pipes or silencers on mine.. I did try their pipe springs, lost them within a few minutes, junk.. Other than that, no probs, bike makes HP everywhere..
Rick

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I use the FMF TC2 and it works really well, too. Certainly louder than a Q but it's still not too loud, even on my 300.

FlyinHawaiin

Nov 15, 2003
noise actually isnt too much of a concern for me I'm just looking for some low end power boost. That new hand welded factory pipe they have seems like that could do the trick.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I went from the shorty silencer to the TC2 sparky and lost a little of the low end snap. Being in Cali, I had to use the sparky. Sparky seemed a little quieter than the shorty, but not much. I have always had good luck with FMF stuff.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
If low end boost is what your looking for the fmf factory fatty is the pipe you want and match it with there T2 silencer its the best combo I've ever had but you do loose alittle top end but love the bottom and it sounds awesome.

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
I just put on an FMF Fatty and Shorty on my 2000 YZ250 and I am VERY pleased with it. The bottom end torque is amazing now and I did not recognize any top end loss.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I have never been pleased with the way my fmf stuff fit. Performance was good, but the fit and finish was awful. Maybe it is just the 97 and 98 YZ 250, but personally, I will try anything else first.

YZjDg125

Sep 18, 2004
Ive got a gold series fatty on my 01 YZ 125 with the stock silencer, I notice top end gain with the pipe, is it worth going ahead and getting a shorty or a power core II as well?

Gibby

Dec 8, 2004
I have a Gnarly pipe and power core 2 silencer. Lots of low end and not real loud. If you want even more low end go with the shorty, but it is also louder.

NCyz250racer

Dec 28, 2004
I just put a FMF SST and Shorty on my 04 YZ250 and I love it now. It doesn't seem to be much louder just seems like it is a lower pitched tone than the stock silencer. It took me all of about 30 min to install everything and this is the first pipe I have ever put on. I love this combo and would recommend it a little stronger off bottom way stronger in the mid and just about never stops revving. It will pull unexpected wheelies in 4th gear now!!

Top Bottom