Anyone have info on a 2001 VOR 400 enduro?

woodsdude

Mar 31, 2000
MA
I've found a new (0 miles) 2001 VOR 400 enduro that has signal lights, DOT tires, brake switch ,etc and was wondering if anyone had any info about these bikes. The bike weighs about 250lbs and lookslike it would make a great 99%dirt/1%road dual sport. Thanks for any information....

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
My VOR experience was not a good one - let me explain. Bought new in 2000 for 7200 a 2K VOR 400mx. 1500 in pro-action suspention, another 1500 in aftermarket goodies and the bike was above 10k new. Less then a year later I tried to get a set of sprockets for it. Local dealer was always to busy racing to help so I called VOR in California and they in turn sent me to Fun Wheels in Colorado (VOR in CA said Fun Wheels was their best dealer). The guys at Fun Wheels sent me a set of sprocks that didnt fit (wrong front). I called them to find out why and they said they woudl check. I called back the following week to c if they knew anything and they said that "Marizzio" would be hand carrying me a front sprock for my bike from Italy. They said that apparently my bike took an "oddball" front sprock (I was right - the one they sent me was the wrong one. I told them that I was going to "die grind" the wrong one they sent me to make it work cause I wanted to ride my 10000 bike. They said go ahead and they would send me the right one as soon as it came in.
I rode the bike until that sprocket was gone, still no word from Fun Wheels. 1 year had gone by, I called to see if my correct sprocket was in - NOPE! Apparently VOR didnt sell enough of that model of bike to warrant making sprockets :( :( :( Final suggestion was to get a newer model of VOR - LIKE THAT MIGHT HAPPEN AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME!
The bike had other issues too. Frame flex, suspention problems (those Paolis were terrible - like they had notches in them ect.
I ALWAYS like forward kick though and the bike did run good - could have used a pumper carb though.
I wouldn't by another one - I will stay mainstream! Problems like the one I just described have happened t me with Jap bikes too only usually not until they were 20 years old (I can still get sprocks for my 73 CR250M!).
IMHO, find another road to travel.
Hope this helps!
Woodsy

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I've owned 3 and I'm ready for my 03'! :thumb:
Unfortunetly, all manufactures run into problems - the bottom line though - can and will they resolve them. I think VOR has done a good job overall and they continue to improve.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
No problem on parts - now they have a full warehouse full of them! Every part I needed was recieved within 3 days and worse case scenerio 2 weeks which is within normal scope in the industry.

woodsdude

Mar 31, 2000
MA
Thanks for all the info folks...this is a great place!

One more question....what would you consider a reasonable price for a new '01? The original MSRP was $6995...If I were to offer $4k for the bike would that be too little/too much?

Top Bottom