Anyone have RENTHAL 7/8 HANDLEBARS??

YZ125jk

Registered
Mar 14, 2005
I was gonna get the twin walls but it says u need oversized clamps and it says in the description that they dont bend except in severe crashes.So im gonna get the 7/8.Why are they called 7/8 bars?Is that the standard bar on most bikes?Are theese gonna bend like the last 3 pairs I have gone throught in the last 2 months.They were cheap stock renthal and msr bars are they gonna bend when the back slips out underneath me on a berm and bend like my others?And I also noticed that they dont have a YZ bend for theese handebars what bend would be close to the YZ bend?A CR high maybe
THANKS

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
7/8" is standard size and i like my pro taper SE seven eigths theyve made some nice ruts in the hardpack and im on my 5th pair of handlegrips still straight as an arrow :cool:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
7/8" is standard bar size for all bars. Oversized bars are 1-1/8" in diameter, in the middle at least, and 7/8" on the ends.

Those "crappy stock Renthals" you had are the 7/8" Renthals you mentioned; they are standard equipment on several bikes now.

That $350 combo was a new top triple clamp. On a CR, you can change just the bar mounts to go to oversized bars; I'm not sure if that is an option on a YZ. If so, new bar mounts can be had for $50 or less. I went with an RG3 top triple clamp and Renthal TwinWalls on my CR250.

YZ125jk

Registered
Mar 14, 2005
Could you guys post any sites were I could get cheap mounts.Everyone is saying they found them for $40-50 and im finding them to be $200-300.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
No, they won't work.

Try these:

http://www.motosport.com/product.jsp?path=-1|31989|37204|102833&id=47997

However...

The bar mounts on your top triple clamp have to be removable for these to work. I don't have a YZ so I can't tell you that one. If they are part of the top triple clamp, then you can either get a new top triple clamp or use one of the "riser" styles of adapter.

Go to that website and use their search function on "oversized bar mounts" and you'll see all your options.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…