Anyone have/want silver plastic? Where to get it?

XREnduroKid

Jan 10, 2001
I was thinking of silver plastic on my 250 e/xc because my dealer put all silver on '01 400 SX and it looks awesome, no orange, althhough i love the orange, nobody has the orange, in a non-gay way, it's unique. I love it! I need it! jk. Thanks

cphillips

Feb 25, 2001
UFO and Acerbis makes silver plastic for the KTM. Most parts suppliers can order them for you. You can also check out Acerbis online. I dont recall their web address but maybe someone can post it.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I have Acerbis silver front number plate and fender, and a replacement silver rear fender. My dealer had some of it in stock--I had to wait on the fenders, I think. I wanted silver shrouds but when I bought my bike in late April Acerbis did not have silver shrouds available for the 2001 model, which differs slightly from the 00. So I settled for the black shrouds and they look pretty good, I think.

Check out my signature for my photo page, in the KTM folder there is one (kind of crappy) picture of my bike with silver plastic on. I just last week got my graphics installed . . . stay tuned for pictures. The Ceet Apex graphics and seat cover look really, really good.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
The orange Ktm plastic does attract yellow jackets more than other colors. Silver plastic might keep them away (and werewolves).

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
i love the all silver ktm's. I think they look so, so cool. BTW hey firecracker, what year 'stang is that? 68 maybe? anyway, good lookin car and bike.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks, SMB. It was actually a 69. Plain Jane coupe but I spent a lot of cash on the engine--she scooted right along (330 HP, 350 ft-lbs of torque, 120 mph at less than 4000 rpm and 20 mpg!) But I had to sell her. She's gone.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Cycra makes the vented for the KTM in Silver. I have it and the orange/black vented number plate. You have to get their plate to work with the fender, or drill holes for you stock plate pegs. Much more money than it's worth, but IMHO it's way trick. Looks much more Honda-ish:eek: than the stock spear.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom