Anyone here have a big-bore on 125's? feedback....

CR_Dave

Sponsoring Member
Mar 3, 2000
Eric Gorr punched my seized cylinder to a 133 on my '00 CR125. The bike is great.

Pros - everthing. This mod hit all of the power band. Getting the jetting right perked it up even more. I did couple this mod with the Vforce reed cage as well. I did fin that goig back to the stock silencer was better than my FMF shorty. The price was right as well. I think it was under $350 foir the whole kit, porting,etc.

Cons - seems to take a few more kicks to start. Still fiddling with the jetting, it seems to be coming around.

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
hey thank for replying man, it helps a lot to see what people's opinions are on big-bores. however, i do have a question for you: you said u got it bored to a 133, now where can u buy the piston, ring, etc from? is it a .20, .40, or .60 piston??? im not sure if those are the correct numbers though? :silly:

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
My guess is that Eric will tell you the part# of the correct piston for your kit when he does teh engine work. I am pretty sure that Wiseco makes the pistons.

chadk01

Sponsoring Member
Aug 19, 2000
I had my 2001 KX125 punched to a 144 by Eric Gorr. I order all my top end kits directly from Eric and I usually have them in a day or 2. This mod breathed fire into the 01KX125.......I don't believe there is a better mod I could have made to my bike.....and the price is right and support, well there is no better.
Good Luck.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I have a 144 for my KX125 done by Max Power(I had no choice) and it is awesome! More bottom, mid and top, no hit at all but it keeps up with almost any bike I come too. The best part is that I still have my stock bore cylinder and when I switch them around, the jetting stays about the same(different main). If I had a choice where I would get it, I would go with Eric.

wizard69

May 3, 2001
are you alowed to race with a bike that is boared out?
what are the rules on that because I know you race
KawieKx125 could sombody explain this to me.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
On the 133 kit, Eric uses the 2mm over piston from wiseco; which is just as easy to order at your dealer as the stock one. This piston was used before as the last oversize for sleeved cylinders, that is 56 mm instead of 54 like stock. Eric explained to me that Wiseco changed the label recently from P8 to metric equivalent 676M05600 for the CR 1992-2002. What is great is that The cylinder is replated with Nicom. You might want to see the thread where this question was asked not long ago. Click here!

Last edited:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Wizard, I have two complete cylinder setups from the base gasket up. I use the 144 in the summer and winter when I do not practice and the 125 in the spring and fall when I do race. It works out very well and is legal.

147leeman

May 27, 2000
I also had a 00 CR133 kit by Eric. No downsides to it! I ran the
stock pipe/silencer, Delta 2 valve, kept the gearing stock and had no worries
on the track. The 2mm oversize kit by Eric is AMA legal max. and can be raced. Reliability was great, and it didn't kill the overrev like I had heard.
Wish I hadn't have bought a FMF pipe/silencer and larger rear sprocket
to begin with- Eric's kit alone save's money.

Top Bottom