cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I race under a few of these races for points(off road series) but i dont travel all over to them all. Just wondering how many of you people race / have a PNWMA licence. Just rode Bear Creek yesterday and it was pretty good, but nothing compares to Vernon.:cool:

Mar 1, 2001
Hey There,

I am racing the PN series this year and it's been a blast! With so many combined events with the NMA series it makes it pretty easy to qualify in the PN series.

We've raced Herling Island (a fast fun event), Vancouver Island, Coalmont, Chilliwack, Lytton (always a favorite) and we are planning on racing the event in Kamloops.

We really like that the terrain, tends to be challenging (steep) and in great shape. The people are great and the events are pretty well organized.

All in all I'd say I'd rather race the PN series the the NMA series.

My 2 ¢

Kelly

May 29, 2000
Yup, I've done seven events so far this year. Plan on doing the last three in canada. I've never raced in a NMA event though. I haven't talked to anyone from Washington who have said that the trails we race on in BC aren't some of the best they have ever ridden. They also say we are very friendly and nice people. I guess they haven't met all nine people in Vernon. just kidding.

Kelly,

Penticton.

Mar 1, 2001
Kelly,

I think we may have met at a couple events.

Do you ride a CR 125?

If you like very technical trails then you'll like riding in Washington. The trails tend to be very tight and usually pretty wet.

See ya in Kamloops?

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Kamloops???

I'm thinking of going to that race in September too. But i've never riddin in the Duffy Lake area. How is it>tight, open,sandy,rockey???. How do it compare to Vernon and Kelowna?. Maybe i'll se ya there. Are you guys racin in Vernon in October at the new'night' rooster and the the normal Big Rooster. I'll be sure to be at the Big rooster but no night riding for me(no,lights on my bike:p ). I dont know why they moved the Vernon races to October because it's going to be damn cold and thats close to snow time here(in the mountains):scream:

Mar 1, 2001
The Rooster conflicts with an NMA event so we're going to stay on this side of the border to race.

Never been to Duffy Lake so I'm not sure what we're in for. If it's anything like to terrain that Guy rides in the Fox videos then it should be a blast. Fast and pretty open. I'm hoping it's a lot like Lytton.

Take care

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Hey,
I rode at Duffy Lake a couple weekends ago and I was on some VERY tight, technical trails with tonnes of roots, logs, creeks etc, etc. But there were some spots that were open and fast like grassy feilds. My cousin said that the trails we were on were the ones that Guy Perrett made ( he knows Guy !!!!). They were not that sandy compared to Kelowna (Bear Ceek) but some spots were a little soft. Im looking forward to going back there later this summer :)

Mar 1, 2001
Kelly.

Ahhhh, your the guy who just beat me at the Monkey Wrench. I also race Vet Am. Your having a good season. I hope I finish well in the NMA combined events, should let me close the gap a little.

You ride the BBR 200?

I'll look you up at Duffy Lake.

BTW, I've found that it's the Merrit folks that are the strange ones ;)

Top Bottom